Remote Controlled Pinball both novel and behind the times

techball.jpg

It’s testament to how static pinball technology has been that I can look at this upright pinball machine with attractively pod-headed robot and a fancy remote control and go, “Wow! Pinball while laying supine and flatulent upon the couch? The future is here.” And then, without a trace of irony, pull out my DS to play a quick round of Metroid Prime Pinball.Except Metroid Prime Pinball costs $20, not $120.

Remote Controlled Upright Pinball Game [Hammacher via Geek Alerts.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Remote Controlled Pinball both novel and behind the times

1. Not a Doktor says:

Also I recommend this place as a stop for anyone. Keep an eye out for the bizarre Q*Bert figure-8 table.

2. royaltrux says:

For the Wii I highly recommend Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection. It’s really, really good and happens to be really cheap, also, $20.

3. steve blair says:

it also looks like the lamest pinball i’ve ever seen. there’s 2 weird shaped paddles and 3 or so bumpers – unless those yellow circles do something. geeze, the super mario mini-pinball machine i had when i was a kid was way better than this thing

4. Not a Doktor says:

I still have eye-burn in scars from playing galactic pinball on the Virtual Boy

5. A New Challenger says:

I second RoyalTrux’s recommendation. If the game had high score sharing it would be almost perfect.

Metroid Prime Pinball was my prime goto timekiller game for months and months. I’ve semi-retired from it ever since I finally cleared all the tables on Expert mode. That took a while. The included Rumble Pak really adds a lot to that game.

6. RedShirt77 says:

I love the extending antenna, like they they built this thing out of a 1980′s cordless phone.

In fact this thing looks like it was pieced together from a pile of abandoned technology.

I am sure their is a tiger video game in there somewhere.