Video: Two firetrucks crashing

I like firetrucks. I don’t like crashes. That is all.

Update: Bennyhillisation was requested in the comments. We live to serve. – Rob

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Video: Two firetrucks crashing

1. MichaelRN says:

Glad to hear no firefighters were seriously hurt.

2. KurtMac says:

Christ almighty! I sure hope all the firemen were ok, I know sometimes they are not strapped in those things. Were they responding to the same fire?

I know, at least in my state, that emergency vehicles are required to come to a full-stop at a red light regardless, and at a green light they are required to slow down.

That guy on the sidewalk sure had his leisurely tree-leaning moment interrupted. I’d have crapped myself.

3. Rob Beschizza says:

No-one was seriously injured, according to reports. One man overnight for concussion.

4. Mythus says:

Love how the second guy just keeps going.

5. Trent Hawkins says:

I could watch the Benny Hill version all day.

6. midknyte says:

> The authorities want to know how it got on YouTube because this video was from a red light camera; it was a city camera and therefore a city employee who leaked it.

A city employee? Not necessarily. Those traffic cams are most often run by a third party, that along with the city, skims a tidy sum.

7. midknyte says:

> Love how the second guy just keeps going.

ummm, it’s called momentum

8. snackcake says:

“Yackety Sax” makes everything better.

9. criffyred says:

what the fuck? is this real, or staged? and if so, bravo to the guys who hit and ran!

10. pupdog says:

Yup, St. Louis a couple weeks ago.

Apparently the authorities would like to find out how it got online, looks like the original posting on youtube has been removed and the account closed, but once it’s out, it’s out…

11. Alan says:

And yep, they were supposed to check before proceeding through the red light. Both trucks were also responding to the same house fire. Don’t know what happened to the house.

Perfect illustration of why they shouldn’t run the red lights. Stop, then creep and peek. I almost got t-boned by a fire truck at a blind intersection; we both locked our brakes up full. Thankfully his stopped him in time, as mine didn’t.

The laws of physics don’t care if you’re on an emergency run. Stop, make sure it’s safe, then go.

13. morcheeba says:

DCULBERSON – I remember the night I was going down a dark unlit road, in the right lane, being tailgated by an SUV who wouldn’t pass (I could see her on the phone). Then I hear and see a firetruck behind us, with its lights blazing… so I slow down cautiously. The SUV does, too, but then at the last second cuts off the truck, causing it to lock up its brakes – I don’t know how she avoided a darwin award. I was half sorry for the truck driver, and half angry that her friends would probably never know how close she came to killing me that night.

14. Takuan says: