Apple? No. This is iOrange.

At least this Chinese knock-off is being utterly shameless about it. “Apple… no. This is iOrange!” Except they misspell it “iOrgane,” which is just so deliriously, accidentally filthy.

Everything about this is just tops. I don’t even know how to even transcribe the narration: “Eet eez zo kul writin massage wit zeengle hund!” Only better. The whole demonstration of the phone’s abilities seems to be done by a freak with two right hands. And they completely fudge the accelerometer orientation switching.

WANT.

[via Engadget]

This entry was posted in apple, Junk and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Apple? No. This is iOrange.

1. arikol says:

This fone and ekstra rite hand gonna rov you long time, sailor. Only fie dorra!

2. Brett Burton says:

Does this work on t-mobile?

3. Luc says:

Surely not!

4. dimmer says:

Aw, I can’t get the video to work: anyone else got this problem?

5. dimmer says:

Ah, looks to be a Chrome-specific issue. Never mind.

Yeah, I can’t quite read Chinese, but those are probably the characters for “bandwidth exceeded”

7. Wbb882 says:

My favorite part is that the best hand model they could find has a coke nail on the pinky while the rest of their nails are trimmed.

8. jonathanpeterson says:

it is so cool, writing message with finger-hand!

9. harpdevil says:

The youtube vid was taken down as well :(

I think this phone is the same as the one ashens reviewed, although it comes in a different (very familiar) box and is called the A88, rather than iOrgane.

10. Trent Hawkins says:

Oh my god!
    That person has two right hands!

11. johnpaul says:

That’s not a coke nail on the pinky, it’s a status thing in China. Men in high ranking positions used to cultivate long delicate finger nails to show off that they did not do manual labour. The custom continues, although now people only do it with their pinky finger.

12. Not a Doktor says:

I think it may have been taken down, there was a little popup.

13. lightsyrup says:

I watched that video four times:
    -first, b/c it was there
    -second, to look for the two right hands
    -third, to check out the male/female hands
    -fourth, b/c I was wondering what the heck a “coke finger” looked like
    Aaaughghg… :)

Do not want.

14. dimmer says:

I always like to keep my fingernails long, which (when I was in the UK) wasn’t a big deal. On moving to the US I was convinced that this was disconcerting. I kept my left hand pinky nail long, but cut the rest.

A few years later, at a pub outing, it transpired that pretty much all of my employees assumed I was a coke head…

15. Duffong says:

So it’s a iPhone knockoff that stokes itself with a woman’s hand that comes out of your jacket? Does the hand operate more than the iPhone knockoff? Do want.

16. rainlion says:

Too funny… though it’s two different people, actually a man holding the device, and a woman doing most of the touching.

17. Gilbert Wham says:

@#19: Most things about TMobile don’t work, so I don’t see why this should be an exception…

Did anybody else notice that it’s iOrgane and not iOrange?

19. zapan says:

I wonder what Orange (the french mobile network operator and Internet service provider), thinks about that rip off, they must be quite pissed, since they got the exclusivity on iPhones in France, and this add is clearly a rip off of the iPhone AND Orange. I bet you can already find those phones in Belleville, the Paris Chinatown.

Hmm, video seems to be broken… I think this is it on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddh1UU7DBdU