From the makers of “Bacon Salt”, a new type of sandwich spread

baconnaise.jpg

Coming any day now to an artery near you. Consider me a day one adopter.

Baconnaise product page [Baconnaise.com]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

27 Responses to From the makers of “Bacon Salt”, a new type of sandwich spread

1. zapan says:

If you read the package on a Bacon flavored Pringles can, it says “suitable for vegetarians” wich is like the best way to ruin your pleasure, since you can’t stop wondering “how can it taste like meat if the isn’t any in it ?”.

2. Bevatron Repairman says:

There are a very, very few things tastier than bacon and very, very few things more revolting than mayonnaise. I wonder which would win out.

I wonder if its vegetarian like bacon salt too –

4. Paul Coleman says:

Dang. They trademarked my slogan.

5. Paul Coleman says:

…or is it my life philosophy.

6. Abbey says:

I want to try this in spinach and artichoke dip instead of normal mayo. I think it would be tasty, but then again, I think bacon makes most foods tastier.

7. Ari B. says:

To quote from their website:

“Hickory, Peppered, Jalapeno, Maple, Applewood and Mesquite Bacon Salts are Kof-K Parve, while Original, Natural, and Cheddar Bacon Salts along with Regular and Lite Baconnaise are Kof-K Dairy. ”

So, not only is this stuff Kosher, but some of it’s actually dairy.

I’m impressed. Now I just need to convince my wife the Hebrew school teacher that we need to pick this stuff up…

8. airship says:

“Everything Should Taste Like Bacon.”

Best. Slogan. Evar!

9. upso says:

i hope its better than bacon salt. that stuff is groddy

10. Freddie Freelance says:

Baconaise wins at Internet.

11. ThinkandDrive says:

Man, and I just saw the bacon salt stuff in the store. It’s like a hypertension sufferer’s worst nightmare.

12. mmbb says:

#18, did you read #7? Hie thy arse to Seattle if thou seeketh an an-swear to yer query.

13. w000t says:

I think they need to quit with the half measures and just give us bacon paste in a tube already.

uh, is bacon salt really a full-measure recourse for someone with health problems such as hypertension? What about, uh, carrots?

15. pauldrye says:

I’m holding out for bacon I can inject directly into my aorta.

16. Skwid says:

ME WANT!

17. Bevatron Repairman says:

Skipped right over that, MMBB. Problem, of course, is that this is not a contest that will determine tastiness, but whether evil can triumph over good. It’ll be like the end of “The Omega Glory.”

18. kerry says:

@ W000t –
    I actually ate bacon paste at a restaurant a few weeks back. We asked the chef what the deal was, and he said it was some fancy bacon made by a friend of his, frozen, chopped into cubes and then turned into a paste by a $5,000 machine called a PacoJet.
    It was delicious. The PacoJet is now on my boyfriend’s xmas list.

19. Not a Doktor says:

oh god my dad will love this. That ma will make a BLT, hold the L, triple the bacon, and SPOON on the mayo. I’ve even caught him eating mayo straight from the jar.

20. mmbb says:

With a ring filled with 200 gallons full of mayonnaise, Bacon and Mayonnaise will wrestle to determine who is the tastiest!

21. certron says:

ObXKCD: http://xkcd.com/418/

That is all.

22. Stitch says:

@2, bacon salt has about 25% of the sodium of salt. Now it’s not 0% like some salt substitutes (which are also delicious sometimes) but it’s a big improvement if used as a salt substitute for flavoring.

I say this as a sufferer of hypertension who has been using bacon salt as a salt replacement for those flavoring situations where you just need salt.

Otherwise, yeah, I reach for the no-sodium flavoring, but there are times when bacon salt really earns its place.

23. Stitch says:

also, speaking of BLT, how about lettuce, tomato, a sprinkling of bacon salt and GO. No cooking bacon required, much less sodium, and dude, it’s delicious.

24. Deadmeat says:

Bacon Salt is pretty good on popcorn.

All it is really though is pulverized baco bits (not actually bacon) mixed with salt and spices and msg.

25. Sparrow says:

This stuff would be perfect for redneck poutine (usually made with mayo, shredded cheddar and bacon bits on chipwagon fries). It might even edge out guacamole mayo as my favourite spread for BLT, for a double dose of pure bacony goodness. But then again, I am the one who once ordered a bacon McFlurry. And it was good!

I am reminded of this shirt.

26. Cazart says: