Infinite bubble wrap popping toy

02large.jpg

The problem with bubble wrap is that it, like daisies and lust, does not last forever. Mugen Pop Pop, from Bandai America, brings the Japanese “Endless Plastic Bubble Popping Toy” to our shores. It comes in four colors and is in stores now.

INDULGE YOUR PLASTIC BUBBLE POPPING TENDENCY WITH MUGEN POP POP. For those tempted to reach for the nearest sheet of plastic bubbles look no further than Mugen Pop Pop from Bandai America! Hitting shelves at major retailers on October 27, 2008, Mugen Pop Pop is a highly-addictive handheld keychain device that stimulates the strangely satisfying experience of popping plastic bubble packaging.

It’s not entirely authentic, larding the de-stressing experience with dog barks, chimes, honking noises “and more!,” but the real question remains unanswered: can I chew it?

Dogmatic MNR [Mugen Pop Pop]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Infinite bubble wrap popping toy

1. Jarvik7 says:

I got one of these awhile ago just before mugen edamame came out. imo it feels nothing like bubble-wrap and the sound is just an electronic click.

2. AnnaBananaa says:

I ordered these online as stocking stuffer last year. The “click” is very therapeutic and when the random sound comes after 100 clicks I’m forced to think, “Man, I mindlessly pressed a button ANOTHER 100 times”

But the packaging that they came in was by far the best part of the purchase. The people pictured are laughing so hard at the fake bubble wrap that they are crying uncontrollably!

Where can I buy one and how much do they cost?

4. Daemon says:

The random other noise defeats the entire purpose for me. Amusingly enough there are also japanese versions aimed at the otaku crowd that have semi-random moe phrases based on assorted standard anime/manga character types (maid, tsundere, etc).

5. AirPillo says:

ThinkGeek has sold a similar novelty for years.

6. HeatherB says:

Yes, you can chew it.

7. Chris Furniss says:

picked up one of these for my girlfriend and she absolutely loves it. It’s very cathartic. And the random noises are only about 1/100 presses, so it’s more of a happy surprise than anything. they really managed to get the feel of popping bubble wrap down, but unfortunately you can’t pop multiple at a time!

8. jtegnell says:

Like daisies and dust?

I thought for sure you were going to say like tears in rain.

9. homodachi says:

I picked up one of these last year in Osaka. It was the first day it was on sale and it was astounding how many people were lined up for these suckers.

The buttons feel like bubble wrap but unfortunately that satisfying popping sound was more like a tiny click–most people seemed to shrug and set it aside after a few presses. If the US version had the sound adjusted it would be pretty cool, though!

10. fenderbasher says:

Highly addictive. I can get away with keeping it in the pocket of my hoody and pushing the buttons during staff meeting, but I’m screwed when the 100th sound comes out. Nothing like interrupting the boss with a poorly rendered electronic fart. Or dog bark.
    The tricky part is keeping an innocent look on my face…

Other than that, I agree it’s cathartic. Stressful days have me walking around pushing the buttons without even knowing I’m doing it. It has a decent tactility to it, as well.