Bjork explains TV

Professional weirdo* Bjork opens up a CRT television and attempts to explain how it works in this video that appears to be from days of weirdo yore.

She offers incalculably valuable technical advice that we can all apply to our daily lives: “You shouldn’t let poets lie to you.”

[via Geeksugar]

* Not that there’s anything wrong with that. (Weirdo.)

This entry was posted in television and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Bjork explains TV

New Favorite Video of All Time.

2. zuzu says:

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

3. Mim says:

@#10 – does it matter how affected Bjork’s weirdness is? Even if it was originally “put on” she’s been doing it for so long, and to such a level, and with such creativity (which alone suggests that it’s not a put on) that it must have fed into itself and created the reality. People become what they act like (to varying degrees) and people become what they’re told they are.

I mean, hell, call me a bitch once and I become a bitch – at least for a while. Call me weird for a few decades (which people have) and I will certainly be weird.

4. SamF says:

I don’t think she’s sexy like “I want to sleep with her” sexy. Just absolutely beautiful like “I would just like to sit and look at her for a few hours” beautiful. I want Bjork to sit in my living room and explain everything to me. I could just listen to her speak for hours. I love how she says “ci ty” like it’s two separate words.

5. dmoisan says:

I imagine the great Tim Hunkin (“Secret Life of Machines”) watching this one over and over. I imagine he’d mean to critique Bjork on her technical knowledge of CRTs, but he’d mysteriously forget what he wanted to tell her.

6. Rob Beschizza says:

She can be the new Senator for Alaska.

7. Jezzikuh says:

I love this clip so much. I first saw it a few years ago on a Sugarcubes (Bjök’s former band) DVD – a DVD which, arguably, displays the height of her weirdest years.
    :) Nothing wrong with being weird, though. Björk is a goddess!

8. aTanguay says:

This would make a great PBS series…

“Wacky Artists Explain Technology”

Nex week, episode II… Axl Rose explains the internal combustion engine.

9. OM says:

…I think I’d much rather watch DEVO explain laserdisk.

Next, Bjork is shocked by a television capacitor!

11. theLadyfingers says:

I like Björk’s music, but I can’t help wondering how affected her weirdness is sometimes. Very charming though, especially when she piledrives paparazzos.

Incidentally, don’t go casually yanking the back cover off old CRT TV sets. There are capacitors in there with enough stored charge to fell an ox.

12. ben says:

That’s some top shelf weirdness you got there, Bjork. Words fail me…. Sometimes I think she’s from a diffrent planet. But boy does she make some hip alien music.

13. rAMPANTiDIOCY says:

bjork is so sexy

14. HarshLanguage says:

I could listen to Bjork say “EL-layc-trons” all day long.

15. Dean says:

On Hackaday, this digressed into Björk being a total babe in the first comment. I know because I rushed to the comment section to make sure the world knew and saw my job was already done.

16. Smapdi says:

Without “Weirdos” the world would be a very boring place. That goes out to all you loser “normals”, lol.

I love this video, I dont think she’s that weird, I guess if all of you set out to study something under influence of acid, I think most of you would to describe any subject the day after… a little bit more poetic… just like her.
    …so, prepare yourself folks, just dismantle that cover of your pc, tune in and…!

18. w000t says:

I loves me some Björk. PIZZA!