The use of Electricity for lighting is in no way harmful to health

1878_initialspark_530.jpg

Your grand-grand-parents new media {next Nature]

This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to The use of Electricity for lighting is in no way harmful to health

1. Nora says:

I would love to get one of those to stick up on my wall. In case anyone was wondering.

My apartment was built in an era when they thought buttons were superior to lightswitches so we have buttons everywhere, too, so the message about the key would make it approx 3x more confusing.

2. Rob Beschizza says:

I have no idea, Next Nature doesn’t seem to cite

3. arikol says:

It’s obvious that Edisons people were not psychologists nor had any other training or experience with people..

“There is NO reason to worry. The mutant scorpions have NOT wscaped the zoo and are definitely not likely to hide in your shoes.”

4. Latente says:

Alternate current in EVIL!

Direct current is SAFE! Don’t use alternate current

The use of Electricity for lightning is in no way harmful to health

6. arikol says:

is alternate current like alternative music? Maybe more goth style? Would be interesting to see current like that!

oh, you mean alternatING current. Sorry about that…

7. Scuba SM says:

Well, it might affect the soundness of your sleep if you’re used to a dose of CO and CO2 just before you go to bed.

8. EdWatkins says:

Ooh.. I love the sound of that.
    An old fashioned brass key in the wall that turns on a light.

9. wormbaby says:

They just turned off the last outpost of the current wars in New York city last year. They actually still had a few buildings whose mains were D.C. The conversion to A.C. only took 79 years lol.

10. airship says:

#5, I grew up in a house with the dual-pushbutton switches, and thought they were uber-cool compared to the toggles in my friends’ newer homes. We also had the old disconnected gaslight fixtures still affixed to the walls.

11. claud9999 says:

FYI, I have one of these…They were produced as a novelty item by a novelty print company. I got mine new in the mid-80′s from a gift shop in the town I lived in as a teen. I have no idea whether they are based on original instructions or not, somehow I suspect the company took artistic license.

12. jamied21 says:

My physics lecturer has one of these on his wall. It’s brilliant.

13. guy_jin says:

where was this found?

14. Nora says:

#11 It’s sort of amusing because they make a loud BUZZ when you press them. The only bad part is that my friends like to hit all of the buttons, which has led me to move my PS3 to a plug that is not controlled by the switches by the door.