Richard Solo: self-flagellator and iPhone battery manufacturer extraordinaire.

RS1800_With_iPhone2_RS0018.jpg

The Richard Solo 1800 is the euphemistic name of a help line for chronic masturbators in my home town of Malden, Massachusetts. It is also, apparently, an 1800 mAH battery pack for the iPhone… just like the million others in your local Apple store’s accessory aisle. Where it sets itself apart, though, is its attractive, homuncular design: plugged into your iPhone’s dock connector, it looks exactly like an iPhone and its prototypical little brother, an iPhone Nano, lying down chin to chin.

Richard Solo 1800 [Official Site via Gadget Lab]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Richard Solo: self-flagellator and iPhone battery manufacturer extraordinaire.

He’s gone homunuclear.

2. John Brownlee says:

I just like the word. Got a problem with that?

Bonus points for use of “homoncular.”

Deducted for misspelling “flagellator.”

/wonk

4. Nora Rocket says:

Wait, Malden? I spent a dreadful 9 months living there in the first floor apartment of an owner-occupied three story. The apartment was a veritable fiesta of ugly, the heating costs nearly required that I enter into Certain Dealings to Pay the Bills, and the landlords were total jerkwads. *shudder*

There is no problem, officer!

6. Nora Rocket says:

As has been said (#1), it’s a small series of tubes indeed. And yes, I liked the library. And the New England Comics outpost in town – very big shop, very nice guys.

Whoa, someone else from Malden. Boy, it’s a small series of tubes, isn’t it?

8. Scoo says:

I got you beat Nora, I spent a dreadful 18 years there! The Malden Public Library and Forest Hills Cemetary are nice though….

9. fitter says:

you managed to reference a homunculus twice in two days? I knew you’d blow out your thesaurus sooner than later.