Target gift cards contain built-in digicam

targetcam.jpg

It’s easy to get all sniffy about the specs of Target’s new digicam gift cards — 1.2 megapixels? 8MBs of onboard memory? The eyeroll of disdain underlined with a wipe of a mucousy nose with the back of the sleeve — but they’re still awesome. A gift card is an inherently tacky and thoughtless gift, but the ability to load photographs of yourself or loved ones before shoving one into a Christmas stocking is a great, humanizing touch.

Target Gift Cards [Target via Coolest Gadgets]

This entry was posted in target and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

17 Responses to Target gift cards contain built-in digicam

1. slugabed says:

Yes but why is it screaming at me? I can’t be the only one that sees the red eyes!

Compare!

2. Lea Hernandez says:

Here’s a question: can you take the pix off yourself, or does the whole card have to be sent in, disposable-style, to get your pictures processed?

If I can’t get the pix off the card myself, forget it.

3. Lea Hernandez says:

Checked, like I should have: it come with a USB cable, driver disk. Takes 2 AAA batteries.

Already on eBay, too.

4. Nakedlife says:

a skull with red glowing eyes…what could be better on a gift card except maybe some pics of famdamly with red glowing eyes. Actually I think it a cool idea sort of an extra dimension to the essentially flat but well coveted gift card of old.

5. monopole says:

Really, the supreme arrogance and “kewlness unto death” of this blog is insufferable at times. Essentially Target is giving away a serviceable camera (1.2 megapixels is fine for the web or snapshots) for “free”. Don’t think DSLR, think Lomo.

When Apple incorporates a crappy 2.0 Megapixel camera into the iPhone the Kewl Kids announce it is teh kewlest thing ever.

I’m probably going to buy quite a few of these this season. A reasonable gift and a neat camera.

• Joel Johnson says:

Monopole, I am a bit confused. I think John thinks these are cool, too?

You’re right about us being insufferable, though. It’s hard work being so all the time but we do it for you, the demonstrably inferior reader.

6. bokodasu says:

I still have my Target gift card MP3 player from last Christmas. It’s cute!

7. jtegnell says:

Am I the only one who sees a skull?

8. AirPillo says:

glad I’m not the only one to see that similarity to the scream

9. Tom Fury says:

Are you nuts? A gift card, assuming it comes from someplace worth shopping at rather than Kooze Nuts or something, is great. For 40 years all I ever got from my mother was socks & underwear, until I finally convinced her to get me a card from Best Buy. And a gift card with a cheesy little camera? Well that just sounds like fun, even if it does come from Target.

10. mdh says:

GAH! that’s a little unsettling.

11. The Lizardman says:

“A gift card is an inherently tacky and thoughtless gift”

Bah and humbug to you, I specifically request gift cards of those with whom I exchange gifts. Far better to have credit towards something I definitely want than having to return something for being a duplicate or wrong size/version.

12. mdh says:

The landfill miners of the future thank you for your purchase!

13. broklynite says:

`Um…am I the only one who sees the 1000 dollar price tag on this thing? Whether it’s a cute gift or not, it’s not worth a fucking grand. Target is giving it away for “free” where exactly? I admit, I could very well be missing something here.

very ‘munch’ of them

15. DjCoolLemonade says:

@MDH,

Yes, think of how the future will judge us for the ridiculousness of building useless electronics most of us already posses into gift cards.

Acid rain and rising water levers, that’s a humanizing touch for sure.

16. Lea Hernandez says:

It is easily the coolest gift card ever, but you must load it with an amount starting at $50.

You just load a camcard with $50. when you’re going shopping at Target anyway, and get a camera with.