Video: Stop-motion cutout Mega Man versus LEGO, pasta

I’ve spent half my life knelt in worship of the internet, but rarely does it bestow a gift so tailored to please me. This handmade video, woven from stop-motion cut-outs, found items, LEGO, and bound by a chiptune soundtrack, is not only hilarious and attractive, but serves to remind me how much I miss Mega Man. I was never that into the series after the first few, but I would always download the sprite rip packs that would show up and try to figure out how Capcom’s artists could make simple sprites turn into lively cartoons.

Coincidentally, when I saw this first at Game Pipe Life, there was an ad for Sony’s Little Big Planet off to the side, a game that renders the same literal textures as this stop motion video.

[via Game|Life]

PreviouslyVideo: Gradius a la Little Big Planet

RelatedCapcom PSN Store Open For Business This Thursday [Kotaku]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Video: Stop-motion cutout Mega Man versus LEGO, pasta

1. Dungeonbrownies says:

my god that was beautiful.

2. DavidPFarrell says:

This put a big smile on my face for the day.

Thanks for sharing!

3. Ryan Waddell says:

I love the bizarre switch from gameplay into “Here’s some hands with controllers”… And then there is a mustard bottle with Megaman on it being used as a controller. WTF??

4. Bundercup says:

Awesome.

5. LambdaCalculus379 says:

Holy freaking crap! That was silly, beautiful, and WTF!? all at the same time!

On a side note, Mega Man 9 was amazing. It reminded me just how much I missed a challenging game that grabbed you by the cojones and never let up. :)

6. A New Challenger says:

The tune is Concrete Man’s stage music from Mega Man 9, which as it turns out is one of the best Mega Man games ever. Trust me, I have most of them.