Busted philanderer blames dirty pictures on iPhone glitch

Oh dear. From the Apple support forum:

Please help! I took my husband’s i-phone and found a raunchy picture of him attached to an e-mail to a woman in his sent e-mail file (a Yahoo account). When I approached him about this (I think that he is cheating on me) he admitted that he took the picture but says that he never sent it to anyone. He claims that he went to the Genius Bar at the local Apple store and they told him that it is an i-phone glitch: that photos sometimes automatically attach themselves to an e-mail address and appear in the sent folder, even though no e-mail was ever sent. Has anyone ever heard of this happening? The future of my marriage depends on this answer!

Brownlee vociferously exhorted me to make reference to the “episode in which Tobias accidentally takes a picture of his balls with his cell phone”, but I find that crass. Besides, I have to go take a banger in the mouth.

Pictures automatically attach to e-mail? [Discussions.Apple.com] (Thanks, Jon F.!)

This entry was posted in apple and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Busted philanderer blames dirty pictures on iPhone glitch

1. FoetusNail says:

Reminds one of yahoo answers. My 2 month old baby is throwing up and hasn’t eaten in three days, should I change formula? Or, I’m 36 weeks pregnant, I think my water broke, I might be bleeding, has anyone ever had this happen?

They always look like terrain at that magnification level.

3. slida says:

Actually, that’s not just an iphone glitch, my PC, my Razr, and even the computer at the library are constantly emailing my raunchy pictures to people, even complete strangers. It’s quite awkward.

4. rAMPANTiDIOCY says:

those aren’t WMDs!

5. elisd says:

“The future of my marriage depends on this answer!”

If the future of your marriage ever depends on an answer from the Apple tech support forum it’s most definitely in the shitter already.

So here is a picture of the kids.

And here I am dropping the kids off at the pool.

7. dhuff says:

What a couple. Mr. “Hey! Look! it’s a picture of my wang!” and Ms. “Root around in someone else’s iPhone”.

Sounds to me like they deserve each other… :P

Honey, you know how the phone sometimes opens up to an active application, that something in your pocket has brought up with the touch screen? Because your nipple has done some random app switching with the phone in your shirt pocket?

I was doing a shitter twitter from the crapper, and the phone accidently took a snapshot of my johnson, when I didn’t notice, and sent it to some random female I just happened to have in my address book. Gee, that must have been some link on a web page or some spam that got the address into my contacts. The camera must have already been on, I’m sure you’ve seen that happen.

And it couldn’t have been by request, no one asks for such pictures, although they get sent anyway. I’d never do that honey.

Seriously though, it the guy is enough of a stupid dipshit to take a raunchy picture of himself, it would have been relatively easy for him to hit the wrong icon and send that same picture to a blank unsent email. Flashing an actual email recipient would take a couple of random keypresses on the keyboard to pull up something from the address book, but the series of coincidences start adding up to intent.

Did you meet this lovely gentleman when he pulled ‘it’ out for you?

Aha, Dhuff’s got it. Although the rooting around might have been precipitated by certain evidence, it’s always preferable for someone to discuss suspicions with their spouse.

10. Mindpowered says:

So far the advice is running about 20 – 0 that it’s not a glitch.

“if he cants stay committed to just one woman he ain’t a man to have one, in fact he must have serious insecurity problems for him to go to that point of sending pooky pix”

Is that Apple Tech support?

You guys are so lucky (Windows XP here).