Oil-less turkey fryer

oil-less-turkey-fryer.jpg

In my fraternity days, my brothers and I discovered that a keg licked clean, filled with cooking oil and placed over a propane flame would cook a fine bacon-stuffed Thanksgiving turkey. This oil-less turkey fryer takes the same approach, but without the forty gallons of biohazard at the end (we solved the problem by just putingt it next to the toilet until September and made pledges drink it). It’s $200 and is capable of cooking up to sixteen pounds of turkey at around 8-10 minutes per pound.

Oil-Less Turkey Fryer [Frontgate via Uncrate]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Oil-less turkey fryer

Aren’t kegs made from aluminum? Isn’t there something bad about that? I can’t remember…

I have one of these, but we call it an “oven”.

3. Mark Doner says:

The key difference between this and an oven is that you can use it outdoors. Thus, using it can be construed as being in some sense related to “grilling,” with all that entails.

4. Patrick Austin says:

Oooh, $200 for an oven with a shape that prevents it from being used to do anything but cook poultry! I’m sold!

I shouldn’t be snarky. The people dumb enough to buy this sort of product are the ones propping up our collapsing economy. Go consumerism!

5. Halloween Jack says:

One man’s “forty gallons of biohazard” is another man’s forty gallons of yummy-scented biofuel.

Oi Brownlee! You, a fratboy? Sayitaintso!

7. Patrick Anderson says:

Bacon stuffed fried turkey? Is this so you’ll go into a self induced cardiac arrest in your sleep?