X-Ray MacBook

3025109312_e98ebed6a8_o.jpg

The glowing irradiated inside of an Apple MacBook, as photographed by the curious Jason de Villa… as seen by the TSA every day!

About a week ago, I was in the mood to do something crazy – anything to help pull myself out of the blue funk I had fallen into. I texted my brother the vet to ask if he had an x-ray machine in his office, and what size his film plates were. I told him that I wanted to try and x-ray my laptop, something that had been on my mind ever since I saw an x-ray of an Apple Titanium PowerBook. He said “No problem,” and two days later I was sitting in his office waiting for him to finish minor surgery on a dog. When he was done and had washed up, he led me to the x-ray machine, asked me to place the laptop on the plate, and signaled for me to step away from the machine. A couple of seconds later the x-ray was done, and after 15 minutes his assistant handed me the developed film. I scanned the developed plate and enhanced the brightness and contrast, and made low-res copies of the file.

The MacBook x-ray and my 15 minutes of (internet) fame [Jason de Villa]

This entry was posted in apple and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to X-Ray MacBook

1. Lea Hernandez says:

Countdown to Apple saying a Mac owner can’t X-ray their own property, or post results on Internet: 3…2…

2. BastardNamban says:

For some reason, this made me think of Giger’s totem series.

It’s gorgeous. Who knew X-rayed circuits could be so appealing? Now post a 1920×1200 so I can make this my desktop ;)

3. Mister N says:

Where has HDCP ?

4. Paul Coleman says:

You can navigate to a 4052×2943 (Plenty for your desktop) image via the original post. Info is in his edit.

5. timquinn says:

Does anyone else see the face of Jesus there, just to the right of center? Weird . . .

I think his 15 minutes is up…

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
    The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

7. north says:

Everybody want to hear what a stampede sounds like?
    Ready?

This image.
    Macbook Pro lid.
    Laser-etch.

I expect a follow-up pic, post-haste.