STC wireless router vase

new-router-by-stc.jpg

There’s plenty of reason to laugh at this combination router / vase’s breathless press release: “The STC Router successfully bridges the gap between lifestyle and technology with it’s flower vase functionality!” the designers enthuse. Indeed… and my Time Capsule successfully bridges the gap between lifestyle and technology with its wharf rat crushing facility.

That all said, I still think this is pretty neat. Certainly, I arch a quavering eyebrow at filling my router with liquid, but given the fact that my router does nothing except blink silently on a small table in my hallway, I’m just in touch with my feminine side enough to think how nice it would be to have sunflowers there instead.

Wireless router vase by STC [Dezeen]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to STC wireless router vase

I don’t think that kind of orchid actually keeps in water, but if there’s dirt in there that bloom spike will stay pretty for months.

Prolly photoshopped anyway…

2. Not a Doktor says:

Make it into a bang and get back to me.

3. kawayama says:

i applaud the idea, if not the execution.

i mean, that logo is a bit on the small side. couldn’t they have made it just a little bit bigger?

4. chroma says:

The flower stem should be an antenna.

5. khaled says:

I can’t even find info about this at STC’s website, is it actually even confirmed as a concept ?

This is a clever idea; too bad the vase is NOT real.

Okay triple functionality: router, vase, cooling tower for any nuclear waste you have sitting around the house.