Fully Loaded Chair is stuffed with shotgun shells

shot-gun-chair_SISHC_48.jpg

Alexander Reh’s Fully Loaded Chair is composed of a solid steel frame stuffed to the bore with 12-gauge shotgun shells. I like the thoughtful design: notice that the payload points away from the sitter. You can be confident in haphazardly flinging yourself into its ensconcement. Another plus: the chair can always be broken apart for ammo in case for Z-Day.

Fully Loaded Chair {Rehhab via Born Rich]

This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting, guns, weapons and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

12 Responses to Fully Loaded Chair is stuffed with shotgun shells

That actually does look comfortable.

I think it loses some artistic impact in that the shells are directed away from the sitter, however.

2. BlindKarma says:

Just as long as your jeans don’t have rivets on them you should be ok… I hope.

3. Not a Doktor says:

Now what would be truly wonderful would be to fill each shotgun shell with little mementos* to be hidden and preserved, with out the primers, natch.

*drugs

4. TJ S says:

It’s all fun and games untill your house catches on fire.

Badass chair, though.

John, the picture you paint in this article is terrifying.

I realize the chair isn’t using live shells, but the thought of having a chair that does terrifies me.

Every time I sit I would expect my leatherman to glance a shell just right, leaving whomever was behind me needing a trip to the hospital.

6. technogeek says:

“notice that the payload points away from the sitter.” — Except that, in time-honored fashion, it’s still possible to shoot your own foot off.

You’re all laughing now, but when the zombie apocalypse comes, you’ll all wish you had one!

8. jathomas says:

And if they WERE loaded, it’s not like the plastic casing would cause the buckshot to go in one direction. The shell would shatter and shot would explode everywhere like a small grenade.

Were the chair really fully-loaded, it would bring new meaning to the agony of accidently sitting on your keys.

9. chef says:

This chair can add new meaning to “explosive fart”.

I know, based on first hand experimentation (aka learning the hard way) that if you manage to set off a shotshell not in a gun it will blow the primer out of the shell at a very substantial velocity and then a very brief jet of fire shoots out of the hole the primer leaves behind. The primer is in the brass part of the shell, and it is seated only by being forced into the shell from below.

In this chair, these primers are pointed direclty at the sitter. The shot itself does not even leave the shell- most of the time the shell won’t even open on the “business end.” Smokeless powder is not explosive unless it’s under pressure, so once the primer is blown out the remaining powder just burns rather than really exploding.

Yeah, so the last time my 10 year old buddies and I did this, we did it by shooting the primer with a BB gun. The primer blew right into my friend Tony’s head, and he has a lump on his head in this spot still, 30 years later.

11. katsujinken says:

boy I’d have to be careful wiping boogers on the underside of that chair.

12. Scuba SM says:

I would like to submit that the type of knowledge and experience that anon above has provided is exactly what we are depriving kids today of by supervising and scheduling their every second. Although I’m now sorely tempted to try the experiment for myself.