LEGO Pirates, ahoy!

brickbeardsbounty.jpg

LEGO has a new Pirates theme for ’09, including this largest set, “Brickbeard’s Bounty” (6243), reminiscent of the classic “Black Seas Barracuda”. New improvements include working, spring-loaded cannons that fire, new sharks that can actually eat minifigs, and a new mermaid minifigure.

Brickbeard’s Bounty listing [Brickset.com via Brothers Brick]
Catalog Page [Shop.LEGO.com or Toys 'R' Us]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to LEGO Pirates, ahoy!

1. Happler says:

Ohh. This will sit well next to my “Black Seas Barracuda”! Now if my wife will not kill me for buying more LEGO’s :D

2. Justin France says:

I last got a LEGO Pirates set around… 1987? When I was 6.

Sharks that can devour minifigs warrants an upgrade, me thinks. Plus, I can have two ships to wage (fun and humane) war with the cats.

3. Agies says:

Some of the old LEGO Pirates cannons were spring-loaded. I can’t recall if they replaced or were replaced by the lame finger-flick ones though.

4. madzack says:

yeah all my old lego pirates stuff from the late 80s early 90s have spring loaded cannons.

5. Downpressor says:

I just soiled myself with joy at this news!

6. Joel Johnson says:

Yeah, they were original spring-loaded, then flick-fired, now back to the good schtuff.

7. michaelportent says:

Between Lego Pirates and the earlier Lego Space sets, I think you can pretty much account for 75% of my childhood free time.

8. Laslo Paniflex says:

Wait a minute? Spring loaded cannons existed up until some point (around 1990?) and then they switched to non-firing cans. But you can flick the non-firing cans to fire them?