3D Maze Ball

360_maze_ball.jpg

To love puzzles as I do, and yet be so bad at solving them, is a heavy burden to bear. Therefore, I’m not even going to think about getting this 360-degree, spherical horror, and instead will be content to just look it at for a couple of minutes on the Internet.

Another reason not to actually play it: It is rumored that if you solve it, a portal opens to the place where McDonald’s researches childrens’ play areas.

The Awesome 360 3D Maze Ball [Random Good Stuff]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to 3D Maze Ball

1. TJ S says:

“For the hard track you need to be in a room suspended freely from a balanced crane to isolate you from seismic microtremors and kept silent lest an errant soundwave knocks you off course.” – 1

So, it’s like Super Monkey Ball? I swear that Sega’s level designers are sadists. (Also see: Chu-Chu Rocket)

2. Pixel says:

#5 The Original was the Superplexus:

And is only available through ebay and such used.

3. Cassandra says:

My roommate has one. I don’t pick it up anymore–I once spent an entire Saturday trying to get to the last numbererd bit.

4. Pixel says:

This is a cheap hong-kong knockoff of a flop toy from a few years ago. the earlier version had the timer #1 spoke of, this version forgoes the electronics completely (and uses a thinner more easily deformed outer bubble).

I’ve played both (and own the knockoff version and they play about the same aside from one or two minor mold-line related issues on the knockoff.

It is incredibly addictive and can be incredibly frustrating, you ,and anyone else foolish enough to pick it up will get sucked in.

5. TJ S says:

#3 – After your comment, this is going to be my boss’s Christmas present.

6. guy_jin says:

@3: any idea where to get the ‘real thing’ now?

7. Bugs says:

My mum has one of those, it’s great. It isn’t actually a maze, but three intertwined courses to roll a ball bearing around. Where you need to go next is usually very obvious, you just need to keep your hands steady enough to keep the ball bearing on its track as you twist the globe around.

The easiest track is very easy, the medium requires concentration. For the hard track you need to be in a room suspended freely from a balanced crane to isolate you from seismic microtremors and kept silent lest an errant soundwave knocks you off course. Brilliantly it keeps a record of how long you take to complete each section, thus quantifying exactly how shamefully ham-fisted you are.

8. Tenn says:

Beautiful. I’m tempted to get it, just to be cruel, for my very shaky handed friend for Christmas. I always tell him he’d be the absolute last person I’d ask for brain surgery.