Advanced Engineering building implosion toy set

implosiontoy.jpg

Lori H. writes:

American Toy & Invention Co. has created a kit that allows you to build and demolish a building. These kits are either 4 or 8 stories high, and the buildings can be rebuilt and imploded again.

The inventor has run out of funding, so even though this product is completely tooled and could be delivered, he doesn’t have adequate resources to ship product.

I want to get one of these for the engineer on my Christmas list. Somebody needs to fund this thing!

I’m not sure about the funding thing. His site says that he’s sold out of a couple of kits, but there are quite a few still on sale at the bottom of the page for around $60. Kudos to the inventor for realizing the end result of most toys is the joy of destruction and just going for it.

Advanced Engineering Toy Set product page [AmericanToyCo.us]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Advanced Engineering building implosion toy set

1. KurtMac says:

I don’t know why they don’t have video on their site, but I found a bunch on YouTube from, what I assume, is the inventor: http://www.youtube.com/user/garnastics

I’m a little underwhelmed. I think to get the most out of it you’d need to record the carnage with one of those Casio EX-F1 cameras in super-slow motion.

2. alejandrodelloco says:

I could see 9-11 truthers picking this up and bringing it to their conventions

This would be the perfect gift for any 9/11 Truther you know.

4. idiosynchronic says:

How could you forget Building Blasters?? They may not have imploded, but I certainly enjoyed them, especially when I was in Architecture school.

5. Kat says:

The site seems to have been Boing Boinged… it’s out of bandwidth. What substance or effect creates the implosion?

6. Mike says:

I think that the bottom level of columns drops into the base to start the implosion. If this is true, I’d like to know the level of control on column dropping.

7. gonthor says:

Sweet! If I can get some in time, I’m totally building a macabre Department 56 Snow Village this year.

8. Nur says:

It’s not if this gets in the Daily Mail, it’s when.

Some subeditor is hugging themselves at the effortlessness of giving it the aliterating headline “Terrorist Training Toy Taken from Tots” and letting them go to lunch at least an hour early.

This’ll get you on a terrorist watch list.