Hemp-chuk for Wii

Picture 1.jpg

Dhreck’s hemp-mote is made from 100 percent natural hemp, and remains completely functional on the inside.

In stark contrast with the original Wii-mote set, what was once sleek, cold, white and hard plastic has now become a slightly fuzzy, natural, warm and textured concoction. No more bland, branded and boring but mottled, flawfull, rough and a tad sweat absorbing.

[DHRECK via Hack a Day]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Hemp-chuk for Wii

1. alowishus says:

Wait wait wait . . . he just wrapped his Wiimote in hemp twine? And he gets on, like, every gizmo blog ever? I’m pretty sure that’s one of the signs of the Apocalypse.

2. Not a Doktor says:

It slightly reminds me of old beekeeping stuff, which makes me think of Whickerman.

“Not the bees! Aargh, they’re in my eyes!”

“HOW’D IT GET BURNED? HOW’D IT GET BURNED? HOW’D IT GET BURNED HOW’D IT GET BURNED HOW’D IT GET BUUUUUUUUUUURNED?”

3. SuperMario__Galaxy says:

Looks a bit clumpy to me.

Dude, you can hide your wiid in it.

Posting from my Wii, I say ICK!!!

I grew up with hippy culture, and hate so-called “modern” design (maybe especially white plastic) but if you are going to re-skin the wiimote or nunchuk, hemp twine is not the way! Baby terry maybe…

6. hassan-i-sabbah says:

and smelly.

7. Gainclone says:

I’d take nice white plastic over THAT thing any day.

Wow, 100% hemp?? I’m impressed that he made accelerometers out of hemp!

(/snark)

It is very earthy looking. He did a good job with the strand/grain orientation, too. Way better than I could.