This is not William Shakespeare’s head

yhst-54302161802939_2028_1385857.gif

This is a bust of William Shakespeare which tilts back to reveal a remote control switch. See if you can remember where it came from–and hence why the makers believe they can get $315 a copy–before visiting the link!

Source [Redhotphones via Dethroner]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Junk. Bookmark the permalink.

22 Responses to This is not William Shakespeare’s head

1. Alys says:

@ Frank – the original Batman TV show (Adam West, et al) did use a bust that looked pretty much identical to this one. That was my first thought upon seeing it.

2. donopolis says:

And that is why they believe they should get so much money for it….Limited edition collector series with foil covers…

D-

3. Fred Rated says:

Yeah. Batman.

4. machinelf says:

Pretty cool, but I’d rather have the one from Mars Attacks.

5. lionelbrits says:

I obviously fail for thinking it had anything to do with the Simpsons.

6. webmonkees says:

The trick, I think, would be to buy two standard busts. Starting about $45 for a resin.. so $90. remove one head from the neck up, scupt in resin filler ($20) and fabricate the base for the switch ($10). Add a hinge.. ($5)
    repeat the process for the head, Paint ($10) to suitable finish.

I suggest two heads but a careful sculpter might be able to make it out of one.

Violent, but penny-pinching at a savings of one half the cost..

Yeah, this is definitely from Batman. Cool junk, love to have one.

8. dragonfrog says:

That’s some kind of ugly bust of Shakespeare. I’d rather have a bust of Eartha Kitt as Catwoman…

9. samedi says:

This is not new. They’ve been selling this for years. I know this because I have one sitting on my bookshelf. It is 10 different kinds of awesome. I keep meaning to wire it to the garage door opener, but haven’t got around to it… yet. Looks much better than the picture, sometimes Will sports a cowboy hat.

10. bshock says:

Oh man, why did you show me this? Now I have to buy one, dammit!

11. Mycroft says:

Oh man, this would be SO good for the entrance to my secret superhero cav. . .er I mean. . .the lights. . .the lights in my bedroom. Yeahhh, that’s the ticket.

12. Daemon says:

60′s batman. Do we get a prize?
    Actually, I still make refernces to that show.

13. Dean says:

I thought it was from Get Smart…

I’d love one, but I’d have to build a hidden door behind the bookcases in my house to use it. And have visitors over to discover it or not.

Because its only cool if a secret switch itself reveals another secret.

Maybe it could hide the toilet paper roll puzzle in that other article, that you need to use the Bat Computer to solve.

To the batroom Robin.

15. technogeek says:

Definitely Batman. Of course what should happen when you twist the switch is that your grandfather clock moves aside (swings? slides?) to reveal a bat-pole.

Darn it, my house just doesn’t have a good place to install a secret passage. Yet.

16. Shane says:

Pretty cool, but what would be truly cool is if they resolved the legal haggling over the rights to the show and put it out on DVD. Its never been available on DVD (or video before that).

/emo sad face

17. Frank_in_Virginia says:

I feel so lame for having remembered this from my “just starting to smoke weed” daze. BAM! POW!

18. Frank_in_Virginia says:

@8 I’d rather have Eartha Kitt’s Bust!

To the batcave!

20. Chris L says:

Just the thing I need to open my hidden door bookshelf.

21. Frank_in_Virginia says:

Doesn’t Batman use a switch within a bust to get to the Bat Cave?

22. scaught says: