Circuit boards recycled as notebook covers

pcb-notebooks(1).gif

As splendid as these PCB-protected notebooks are, permit me a little disappointment that they are not laptops with chassis made of old circuit boards, copper traces and all.

Recycled Circuit Boards WireBound Notebook in Various Sizes
[First Impressions Last Longer]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Circuit boards recycled as notebook covers

1. El Stinko says:

Not that I should be complaining, because I like that they are recycling… but I have had one of these notebooks for at least 15 years. This isn’t a new product.

Still cool though.

They use the blanks that failed testing / etc. Usually have never had components on them.

3. gouldina says:

There used to be a guy in Spitalfields market in London who sold lampshades out of PCBs. I have one in one of my bedrooms.

4. gox says:

ahm..ouch.

5. acb says:

Perhaps after steampunk, atompunk and dieselpunk, we need a new movement for modding laptops by covering them with circuit boards, ICs and other electronic-looking bits. How about “tronpunk”?

6. cayton says:

I bought a 3-ring binder made from defunct motherboards 7-10 years ago at a thrift store. Love that thing.

7. Takuan says:

must make a jerkin of scale mail one day.

8. ZoopyFunk says:

Even better? Circuit boards disguised as Netbook covers.

9. RedShirt77 says:

how is this not a pincushion?

10. Rob Beschizza says:

Responsible PCB-recycling artists grind and polish!

11. Ceronomus says:

I think I bought my first circuit board notebook in the 80′s, this is neither new nor exciting…though it is nice to know that people are still doing it.