Asteroids wristwatch

asteroids_watch.jpg

In the Annals of Do Want, this Asteroids-playing wristwatch will have its own chapter, lovingly illuminated, with the esoteric secrets of vectorbeam technology encoded in the fibers of the pages themselves.

It’s the latest from John Maushammer, who originally created the watch to run Pong.

Usually, the computer plays automatically & it keeps time. But, it also has a tilt-sensor so you can aim the ship by moving your wrist around. It’s not done yet, but it will have buttons for firing and engine-thrust. Maybe mind control will be next ;-)

Here’s video:

A reliable test to distinguish nerds and geeks is to ask what sort of amazing wristwatch they wanted as a child: organizer or multi-game?

The Ping-Pong Watch Is Officially A Predecessor, Check Out The “Asteroids” Watch… [Nerd with Swag via Oh Gizmo]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Asteroids wristwatch

1. nprnncbl says:

Technogeek- Richard Stallman is the OG- original gnurd.

And as long as we’re dreaming big about high-tech wristwatches: holographic display!

2. technogeek says:

What about those of us who wanted a wrist-videophone? Do we just predate the division between geek and nerd? Or are we the only ones entitled to use the “gnurd” spelling, as a combination of the two categories?

(Of course what I want these days is the Linux Watch IBM prototyped, with OLED touchscreen. Orgainizer AND games AND …)

3. Halloween Jack says:

Oh, I’ve always wanted a watch that had decent organizer functions, and none of the previously-proffered attempts at same really looked satisfactory. Now, I just want one that’s like those Sony Bluetooth Caller ID watches, only it would work with iPhone.

Oh my god, I just came across this today. My mind has been blown away. If he could manage a way to switch it from the a clock to the game via a button, sold.

5. morcheeba says:

Thanks to Mark F, who gave me an Editor’s Choice award at the San Mateo Maker’s faire!!

Technogeek – I have access to a 1-inch 1200×1200 LCD display – imagine how many ssh terminal sessions you could have open on your watch!! But, sadly, that took lots of power, so I used a 96×64 oled screen instead.

6. Rob Beschizza says:

I propose that a wristwatch with a 1-inch 1200×1200 LCD should be called the Neek.