NERF chaingun modified for 4x rate of fire

Here’s viral marketing I can get behind: The people at ManaPotions.com took time from styling their hair to modify a NERF chaingun to shoot 500 rounds per minute.

They write:

We gave 4 times the standard voltage to one of those Nerf Vulcan guns and managed to get it to fire as fast as a 7.62mm M60 machine gun. We also added an Aliens-style round counter a cool paintjob. It might not be as cool as that Nerf office battle you featured a while ago, but we had fun doing it.

They were kind enough to post a how-to.

I must do this.

This entry was posted in guns and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to NERF chaingun modified for 4x rate of fire

1. deejayqueue says:

Though, it did say in the video that they melted theirs, so I would spend some extra time on the robustness of the heatsink on the motor and the battery. I wonder what kind of motor is in there anyway, and if it could be replaced by a brushless version with much better heat dissipation qualities, and unlimited speed. Coupled with a LiPo battery that thing could be vicious.

Well no wonder it melted down, if all they did was over-voltage it to get the speed increase. A bit of electronics knowledge in the group and they easily could have modified the circuit to handle the higher load and actually last.

Yeah, no flamethrower? Lame. At least an under barrel Super Soaker attachment wielded by an irate Bill Paxton.

Here is our NERF turret with facial recognition and target tracking.

5. Takuan says:

need to soak them in fuel and have a muzzle igniter

6. pork musket says:

Good work… this makes me want to play some Alien Shooter Vengeance. Man I love that game.

7. I have no mouth and I must scream says:

whats really needed is a Steadicam harness

“I say we take off and NERF the entire site from orbit. It’s the only way to be sure.”