BBtv: Farewell, My Lovely Consumer Electronics Show

Although we didn’t bother with CES last year, this year the Boing Boing team will be out in the cold Las Vegas desert, sifting through piles of sadness incarnate to find the precious products that might actually make our lives — if not truly better — a little happier in the coming year.

I’m more excited about going to CES as I have been in a long time. (Thanks in large part to your suggestions.) We try to keep it positive around here, but sometimes that’s easier to do when everyone else seems so down in the dumps.

At least that’s how I think it’ll be at this year’s show. Perhaps the convention won’t be quite as bleak as I imagine in this “Road to CES” video we’ve put together.

Here’s a direct MP4 link if you’d prefer to download.

Sponsor shout-out: Boing Boing TV’s coverage of CES 2009 is sponsored by WEPC.com, in partnership with Intel and Asus. WePC.com is intended to be a site where users come together to “share ideas, images and inspiration about the ideal PC.” Participants’ designs, feature ideas and community feedback will be evaluated by ASUS and “could influence the blueprint for an actual notebook PC built by ASUS with Intel inside.”

This entry was posted in bbtv. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to BBtv: Farewell, My Lovely Consumer Electronics Show

1. Jake0748 says:

Let me just preface this by saying I LOVE BB Gadgets, Joel is one of my favorite guys in the whole world (not that there’s anything wrong with that). And, despite being suddenly about ten bazillion dollars in debt, I’m full of happy holiday spirit.

Dude… your head… in the above picture…

It looks like some balloon from a kid’s birthday party gone horribly wrong.

Just teasing. Be good and have a nice holiday.

2. Odessa says:

I demand also one drunken video.

Seconded.

3. Rob Beschizza says:

We’ve been tempted to gonzo it, believe you me.

It wouldn’t work. CES is just an abyss.

4. Xeni Jardin says:

Hey Joel, I just wanted to thank you on behalf of the whole Boing Boing tv crew for keeping your pants on this time. I mean, the kitteh fig leaf overlays in the last episode were a lot of fun for us to put together, but the shock video beneath that veneer was really more than we could handle twice in a lifetime. So, really, from the bottom of our hearts, Joel, thank you for not shaving your balls.

5. zuzu says:

I demand all drunken video; following the Ballmer curve.

6. Xeni Jardin says:

Let a thousand bromances bloom.

Look forward to the CES coverage, I do. I demand also one drunken video.

8. theawesomerobot says:

Oh Joel, what will you shave next?

9. styrofoam says:

Do they have any Red Ryder BB Guns with gps units in the stock at this year’s CES?

Every photo of Joel, he looks more and more like Ralphie, I swear.