Why iPhones are not transparent

transparent-iphone.jpg

From Gizmodo.

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Why iPhones are not transparent

1. pewma says:

I dunno, I think it looks pretty cool. I’d go for a clear back if I had an iPhone 3G. But it’s just that plastic back that keeps me from upgrading from my sturdy metal backed 1st gen. iPhone.

2. MomTheBlog says:

ha that is K@@L looking in deed. I still need to buy me (since I didn’t get one for xmas) an iPhone.

3. zuzu says:

I have one of those iVue crystal clear cases for my old 4G iPod and I love the look. (I had to open it up to replace/upgrade the hard drive and battery anyway.) I also get plenty of compliments on it, and it’s rare enough that someone couldn’t casually steal it and claim it as their own.

If I had an iPhone I’d probably want this, minus that silkscreened image on it.

4. Tensegrity says:

@#5: good thing you don’t design helmets

5. Patrick Austin says:

@#1: That’s right, because everything made of plastic is fragile. Do you have experience with anything other than bakelite? :)

6. pewma says:

@4: Well yes, there’s plenty of sturdy plastics but for my bet I still trust metal over plastic for that inevitable fall from shoulder height to the sidewalk.