Another example of me-too executives munging a perfectly serviceable term, this time from RIM president and co-CEO, Mike Lazaridis, talking about the company's new seems-a-turd, the "click screen" BlackBerry Storm: "These are Netbooks. They are just smaller." Let us respond with a quote from the Storm's namesake, the late Senator Thurmond: "She walks well, she looks good. Let's see how she kisses." The Storm is a Netbook, says RIM founder [Asia.CNET.com via TechTickerBlog.com]
- Psion, owner of "Netbook" trademark, would like world to stop ...
- Behold Sony's not-a-netbook - Boing Boing Gadgets
- Apple netbook announcement imminent, analyst predicts - Boing ...
- UMID rebrands latest UMPC/MID as "mini-netbook" - Boing Boing Gadgets
- RIM BlackBerry Storm reviewed (Verdict: Not even a BlackBerry killer)
- Pogue turns the screw on RIM's BlackBerry Storm
- Stephen Fry hates the Blackberry Storm