CES: Drew Carey and Three-year-old Son Hunt for Cars, Robots (BB Video)

(Flash embed above, MP4 download here.)
Television host and gadget-o-phile Drew Carey visited with the Boing Boing crew in Las Vegas to roam the blinking, beeping halls of CES 2009. He was there with his lovely fiancĂ©, and her three year old son, Connor. Today’s episode documents Connor’s search for talking robots and “tiny cars I can ride in.” Along the way, Drew stops at the Intel booth to check out a $47,000 VR racing system that puts you in the driver’s seat on famous racetracks around the world — the system includes topographically accurate maps, down to the pebble, of famous tracks.

Previous “live from CES” videos on Boing Boing Gadgets:
* CES Video: Asus Netbookstravaganza, with Bamboo, Gold Lamé, and Lamborghini (MP4)
* CES Video: Palm Pre Hands-On with Joel and Brownlee, post-review huddle with Ars Technica (MP4)

* Boing Boing Gadgets at CES: Video Report, Day Two (MP4)
* Boing Boing Gadgets at CES: Video Report, Day One (MP4)

About Xeni Jardin

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to CES: Drew Carey and Three-year-old Son Hunt for Cars, Robots (BB Video)

1. eroth816 says:

Good Ol Drew – love the guy but think he is wrong for the part on PRICE. aye. Where di klaus pierre go? miss that funny devil.

2. TJ S says:

“Today’s episode documents Connor’s search for talking robots…”

Five comments, and nobody’s made a Terminator joke yet? Color me disappointed.

3. cowtown says:

Whenever flipping through channels while watching TV with my wife, whenever run across an episode of “How It’s Made,” I have to resist the temptation to just start watching with a glazed-over look on my face, quietly muttering “Robots” to myself…

So how old are your boys, Styrofoam? Please say “thirty.”

That Robot was creepy scary smart. When I was 3 I cried because I pressed right on a Nintendo controller and Mario moved right. If I met a robot I might have turned into Ted Bundy.

5. styrofoam says:

I think my boys would have lost all taste in tiny cars to ride in after having just met a robot.

I took ‘em to a Harley Davidson expo that had a TV showing the assembly line. They both just sat down in the middle of the showroom floor and watched the endless loop of the robot stitching together bike frames for about 15 minutes.

Whenever somebody would walk by and apparently not pay enough respect to the display, the boys would try to call their attention to it. “Look! ROBOTS!”

6. styrofoam says:

They’re three.

But they obviously picked up their robot obsession from somewhere, and that person is probably closer to the “thirty” range than they are.

“I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU, OK?! I LEARNED IT BY WATCHING YOU!”

7. David Bruce Murray says:

$47,000? The Price Is Wrong, Drew!

Sorry…couldn’t resist an Adam Sandler reference…