Video: T-Mobile’s Liverpool dancing commercial

T-Mobile’s UK commercial takes Improv Everywhere techniques to a ridiculous level inside the Liverpool Street Station.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Video: T-Mobile’s Liverpool dancing commercial

1. clockbound says:

While I quite like this it makes me think more along the lines of a zombie outbreak.
    You’re standing there and all of sudden someone starts dancing. Then another person, and another. The person next to you starts dancing as well. You run, grab someone by the lapels and demand, frothing at the mouth, “Are you in on it?! Are you one of them?!”
    Their eyes glaze over and roll back in their skull as they too begin to boogie.
    It’s too late.

2. se7a7n7 says:

ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!!

3. nnguyen says:

I can’t help but feel conflicted about Improv Everywhere’s ideas going mainstream. Here’s a group that took social mobs to another level, and there was something wonderfully secret and internet exclusive about them.

Last week, I felt the same way when I heard my local radio station talking about the local chapter of IE and the no-pants subway day.

But still, I <3 IE…

4. HermanCheesepump says:

Liverpool Street Station is in London, not Liverpool.

5. monstrinho_do_biscoito says:

meh, flash mobs are so boring now,

6. JamesProvost says:

I heard the footage is entirely from hidden CCTV cameras that were already in the station!

7. Ceronomus says:

The looks on the faces of the gray haired woman who find themselves shimmying along are just priceless.

Best commercial EVER.

Sure, the IE concept is becoming more mainstream but really, couldn’t we ALL use a little more of this in our lives?

8. Blue says:

I saw it on TV, whilst randomly flicking channels and was entranced. I loved it.

Then I realised it was just some souless marketing people exploiting an innocent and fun cultural movement and wiping their ingenuine asses with it for profit.

And I vowed to hunt them all down and kill them while they sleep.

So … every cloud.

9. mrsomuch says:

Bah to you nay sayers!

It made me super happy and smiley, which is a wonderful thing IMVHO.

I would much rather those terrible capitalists spent their money like this than on some trite pap that will make my eyes bleed.

Happy = win.

10. Alan says:

Salvador Dalí once said “I do not understand why, when I ask for a grilled lobster in a restaurant, I am never served a cooked telephone.” This was the cooked telephone he was waiting for.

11. Enochrewt says:

#10: Hear hear! Why I have never seen this commercial on the TV, yet have suffered through the Coors “Coach” ads a thousand times is something I’ll never understand.

If you have to do large “souless” advertising, at least make it awesome like this.