Segway face plant

To be fair, Segways do this a lot less often than I would love them to.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

20 Responses to Segway face plant

Seems she had her (over)confidence going strong as she was moving from side to side as if warming her tires ala nascar style.

My guess is they may be selling either bicycle helmets or dental implants.

2. kerry says:

#5 – That lady was starting to go wildly out of control as she passed the camera, I would’ve zoomed in on her, too.

(points) Ha-ha!

4. fastmovingblob says:

So the biking rule of crossing wheels applies to Segways too: the wheel in the back never wins.

5. bex says:

I really am glad that they have never been ratified for use in the UK, I would hate to walk down the street with lardy boy coming past me on one of those.

That said they seen to be going faster than you would expect, something is fishy here

6. ivan256 says:

The zooming in could have been done in post-processing.

7. kpkpkp says:

Suboptimal Segway Density Threshold = 4 / Hectare!

Oooh, now she can say she’s been in a wheel contact incident and people will think she’s an F1 driver! [snort]

awesome, you can trip segways!

i think the real eye opener is how hard you faceplant if things go even a little bit wrong.

ouch!

expensive and dangerous…why?
    the bike is a much better variation, and much cheaper, and saves having to segway to the gym every day to exercise. ;-)

10. Moriarty says:

Ok, so the Segway humor rules for 2009 are officially the following:

1) As intentional joke props, Segways are no longer funny by their mere presence or in standard physical comedy situations.
    2) Encountered in person, unironically deployed Segways are still ridiculous, but insufficiently noteworthy to share with others.
    3) Spectacular Segway accidents are still funny.
    4) The Segway-riding chimp is above all reproach.

11. clockbound says:

Actually, can we get a yakkety saks version of that?

12. rollerskater says:

where was richie rich & his dog dollar?

13. grimatongueworm says:

Um…HELMETS???????????

DOH!

14. michaeljohnprince says:

This is definitely some kind of viral marketing, right?

Look how the cameraman conveniently zooms in right before the lady has a make-out session with the floor.

But what the heck are they trying to sell?

This video sickened me. It’s likely this woman suffered a serious brain injury. Am I the only one who might be wondering if that woman is o.k.? Really Brownlee? You’d like this to happen more often? What level of disconnectedness have we achieved to respond to this video with simple laughter?

I don’t buy that somehow because she’s a woman (“women can’t drive” ha ha) fooling around on a dorky Segway (“can’t tip over” ha ha), she somehow deserved it (ha ha).

16. optgrad says:

17. Rob Beschizza says:

Optgrad, did you really register just to be a hopeless hang-wringing twit?

18. optgrad says:

Rob: I’ve never seen (or noticed) a posting like this before here (and I’ve been reading a LONG time). It is a helluva lot like laughing at somebody’s pain. Not used to it here.

I agree with Optgrad. Laughing at (possibly serious) injury — not cool.