Chalkboard + Beer Tap == Tap Boards

tapboards.jpg

Tap Boards are brilliant little chalkboards inside wooden taphandles, making it simple to mark what beneficent liquid will flow from the spout below. They were made with the homebrewer (and pro-am homedrinker) in mind, designed as they were by the fellow who runs Kegerators.com*, but they’d be great for any busy bar that changes its selection often.

There’s a whole site for the Tapboards, but if you want to actually just buy them, they’re currently at an introductory price of $22 a pop plus shipping.

* Remind me to start hitting him up for review units.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Chalkboard + Beer Tap == Tap Boards

1. erzatsen says:

it would have been nice to see the chalk panels actually in use, instead of shown with a crappy chalkboard font

2. arjunatwombly says:

joel: here’s your reminder — get a review unit, STAT!

3. artbot says:

The chalkboard has a nice, old world “pubby” feel, but dry-erase might be cleaner and less chalky. Still, these look great.

4. pork musket says:

Holy shit! I was looking for this exact thing for father’s day and couldn’t find them. Like the guy said in flat speaker/HDMI cable comment thread, I feel like I wished this into existence.

I love me some homebrew, but I brew much anymore because my dad is so much better at it than I, and he is only 10 minutes away. I’m ordering two of these right away and giving them to him for no damn reason.

5. pork musket says:

er.. I don’t brew much. Yeah. Can you tell I’m excited about this? Thanks for the post Joel.

6. SamSam says:

I’ve seen these at at least one bar in Cambridge. They seemed smart, but the kind of thing where one goes “well, yeah, obviously…”

7. TJ S says:

@Pork Musket:

Right with you there. My dad collects tap handles, and this would be a nice, catch-all addition to his collection. And his birthday is exactly 2 months away.

8. Enochrewt says:

Gah, these are great in theory, but my work poorly in practice. Chalk directly above poured beer leaves a very good chance of getting chalk dust in that beer.