Best Buy will no longer match prices of no longer existent competitor

1bj3u-c69779f4bdfc24ce2800d22b8ebebb6e.4989e4ca.jpg

I can only imagine the metaphysical debate with a frugal, insistent philosopher that prompted Best Buy’s management to post this sign.

LOL at this sign in best buy [Twitpic via Engadget]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Best Buy will no longer match prices of no longer existent competitor

1. zuzu says:

FatWallet facilitating the “wisdom of the crowd” is the only way I’ve ever seen anyone wrest anything remotely like a “deal” from Best Buy.

(Usually because their checkout staff are not swift enough to catch overlapping sales promotions, such combining an online coupon with an in-store sale price.)

2. zuzu says:

Except that Circuit City “liquidation” prices are all inflated before being “reduced”.

3. bcsizemo says:

I wouldn’t call Best Buy a monopoly yet. Here we have H.H.Greg as well. Not the same, but pretty similar.

4. Jack says:

Next you’re going to tell me these Green Stamps can’t be traded in for a toaster.

5. GeekMan says:

Attention consumers: Monopolies are good for you. Competition is chaos. Move along.

I love the mistaken masses who see anything reported by the media or some random website and scream oh my god that it is the gospel truth and thats it.

Today thanks to the liquidation prices of CCity.

I purchased An ati 4850 for 113. I bought a 120g zune for 174.99. I purchased a Digital camera for 95 bucks that is a 7 megapixel/10x optical Fujifilm. I also got bunch of pc games for 20 dollars and 34 bucks like Far Cry 2 and The witcher.

You tell me where in Best buy I could get that deal.

Oh yeah an Onkyo 7.1 HTIB for 374.99.. that when it first retailed was 799.99.

Yup those Liquidation prices are total Ripoffs! But please All you dumb sheep allow the smart folks like myself to take advantage of these deals while you run right over to sams club and best buy. WE fully appreciate!

Smart consumer.

Monopoly? How about Wal-Mart? I don’t shop there (and it reads like many of you don’t either), but there is a lot of overlap there.

Target, Fry’s (at least, on the west coast)… Best Buy still has some brick & mortar competition.

But, of course, the Internet. With which Best Buy will never really be able to compete in terms of price… It will be interesting to see how this pans out over the next 5 to 10 years — if the global economy still facilitates something like “purchasing a television”.

8. KuKuKaChu says:

Maybe BB meant they wouldn’t match CC’s liquidation prices. OTOH, BB’s prices are already lower than CC’s liquidation prices.

9. RedShirt77 says:

The deals at CC are worse than they were before their collapse.

Don’t they just match Advertised prices anyway? Is CC doing a lot of mailers right now?

Preemptive, I suspect. Somebody realized that if the liquidation prices at CC get low enough (50-60% off) there might be something to worry about.