eBay: Braun RT 20 desktop radio by Dieter Rams and Hans Gugelot

a3fb_3.jpg

Currently at $495, this Braun RT 20, designed by Dieter Rams and Hans Gugelot vintage 1961, is currently not functional, due likely to a “suspect tube or fuse issue”. Besides some stains on the veneer, it appears to be in great shape.

Also nice: A heavily contested Modell 4766, Serie ET66 Braun Control Calculator for around $110, enjoying the attention it received when referenced by Apple in the iPhone’s calculator application skin. (I wouldn’t pay that much for it.)

This entry was posted in braun, Deals and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to eBay: Braun RT 20 desktop radio by Dieter Rams and Hans Gugelot

1. ROSSINDETROIT says:

I really like the classic plain lines of European industrial design. Today I finished working on a German 1974 Studer Revox A722 Power Amplifier .
    It’s a little busier but has that austere thing going on.

2. strider_mt2k says:

The radio is interesting but I’d want to repair it and possibly do minor mods in the form of black speaker cloth and a new full range driver.

So you see it’s best I don’t.

3. ROSSINDETROIT says:

Every Kindergarten class discovers brightly colored geometric wood blocks and enjoys them until it’s time to move on to more sophisticated things.
    Every Design class discovers rectangles and circles, and a few decide that their life’s work is to be paid for using nothing else. Simplicity is profound but it’s not always sufficient.

4. ROSSINDETROIT says:

It’s an interesting looking object but only fair in terms of functionality. Identical buttons and knobs that have separate undifferentiated purposes. Very tiny lettering. Sharp edges and corners susceptible to damage. These Brauns by Rams are iconic but I prefer the look and function of the older B&O pieces.

The Radio looks nice except for the grill over the speaker, which is just so-so. The slightly angled face saves it. The calculator really dull. I’d prefer the classic hp 11c

6. AGuyCalledRune says:

I love this one. I have a fully functional white front with light birch on the sides. The reception is amazing and you have to love the sound. I wish to find a cheap Braun sk-1 on a fleamarket some day: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nite_owl/sets/72157594562210682/