Kindle 3

kindle3.jpg

Giant bezel is giant

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Kindle 3

1. mdh says:

Rumours abound of an super-sized Ipod touch from Apple that will be just what you’re looking for.

NOT FAIR. I just got a touch (and I dig it!!!), but I want it to be bigger. Like 3 or 4 times bigger, or 8.

2. pupdog says:

Call me when we get to that ‘book gum’ like Jimmy Neutron invented. Why read at all?

Call me when it projects Takuan directly into my eyeball.

4. Strangepork says:

You know what this E-book reader needs? More bezel.

5. ROSSINDETROIT says:

Okay, that IS faked. I had to go look. Teh stupid at Amazon hasn’t gotten any worse than I feared it was already.

LOL! I’ve been commenting anonymously here for over a year. I think having one of my comments turned into a post of its own warrants me creating an account.

Thanks Rob.

7. Bloodboiler says:

Kindle is incredibly ugly device with or without photoshopping, but why the hell does an ebook reading device have a keyboard?

With the price it has, I would expect it to have a touch screen and look pretty.

8. Clay says:

Ha. Seriously, though, the real thing is seventy-five-point-eight times better-designed than the Kindle 1.0.

Usability-wise, some tasks may remain, but visually there’s no comparison.

9. feedingfashionistas says:

From my twitter this morning after Kevin Rose mentioned those photos that have been going around:

“@kevinrose Argh, why does the bezel/keyboard have to be so huge? A thicker design w/ larger screen, or a smaller device overall would rule.”

Honestly, who cares if it’s a quarter-inch thick when it looks like somebody ran over an iPod.

10. Itsumishi says:

I hate people that write sentences entirely in caps. Especially the sort that build the tension of every word by slipping in a couple of superfluous characters.

But hey, each to there own.

11. David Carroll says:

PupDog@5

From your lips to Steve Job’s ears.

Of course you didn’t here that from me….. ;)

12. davevontexas says:

I can’t be the only person who thinks that “Kindle” is the most spectacularly bad choice of names since the Chevy Nova. Maybe they could name their next few products the “Montag”, or the “Reifenstahl”.

13. nathanrudy says:

I — HATE — EBOOK — READERS.

And the Kindle is as bad as the worst.

14. kathode says:

“I — HATE — EBOOK — READERS.”

aka

I — HAVE NEVER — USED — THIS PRODUCT!!!

15. Takuan says:

call me when it projects directly into my eyeball.

I’m waiting for v4 when they come out with cool colors like Lime Green and Hot Pink!

K1 was ugly. No argument there. K2 is a great improvement but far from being “Pretty” (who would want it to be pretty anyway.) K3 is K2 only bigger. eBook readers are tools. Has anyone ever porchased a pretty wrench? Kindle is fine the way it is (looks wise). A few little tweeks with it’s functions and it will be perfect. Untill then, I’ll stick with my Sony.

i’m a book lover for my whole life, and the kindle enables me to read wherever i am without dragging a heavy book w me. i can drag 100 books with me, so i have a choice. and the keyboard is for keeping notes or finding new books. it was the last barrier to my having one, and i wouldn’t be without it now. Ugly? I bet you have one of those stupid phone covers that makes it sparkly too.