Unintentionally Erotic Video: Butterfly Technologies efficient toothpaste tube

Developed by Butterfly Technology in working, patented prototype, this design is claimed to get every last drop of minty wet sand out of your surprisingly sexy toothpaste tube. [via Core77]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Unintentionally Erotic Video: Butterfly Technologies efficient toothpaste tube

1. Sean Eric FAgan says:

Squeeze — with ease!

Says it all, I think.

2. artbot says:

Sexy? It’s more like a scat-fetish video. Yuk.

3. Zan says:

This would never succeed since the toothpaste companies WANT you to waste their product.

4. rasz says:

I just HATE when something is left, thats why I cut toothpaste/cream containers after they are “empty”. Too bad you cant just cut glass Jam jars :(

5. zuzu says:

The question is whether this added complication is actually more expensive than just “wasting” some toothpaste.

c.f. wasting transistors

6. strider_mt2k says:

Reminds me of the beginning of “Shrek” where he squeezes a couple of swap thingies for their creamy innards.

Hey now…

7. Alpinwolf says:

Technically, they’re being general, not just for toothpaste. But…

Give it a gentle squeeze, and a thick creamy substance spurts out, and the entity producing the stuff is telling us that it tastes good and we should put it in our mouth…?

I don’t see… Oh! there’s the sexuality. Kinda vague, but once you point it out… silly me.

8. Tenn says:

Mentadent.

i just watched that four times, got strangely very calm. think ill take a nap now…

10. DewiMorgan says:

Zan: I view it the other way.

All other things being equal, if a toothpaste company could get away with making zero waste, in return for slightly reducing the amount in the tube, they’d go for that: less paste means less cost.

It’s like people who grumble “my printer never uses the last drop of ink, it must be a conspiracy”, rather than thinking “the cartridge supplier must have had a REASON for adding more ink in than they absolutely had to, given that I buy cartridges based on the number of pages they claim they can print, not the volume of ink in the cartridge…”

I consider how much toothpaste one typically wastes.

I assume that the tube will not grow significantly if one of these were placed within it: the device will just displace toothpaste, so the consumer gets less.

The cost of the tube will go up, since it has Cool New Gizmo in it.

So, assuming the gizmo cost less to produce than (cost to produce the toothpaste it displaced) + (additional profit from increased retail price), this device will cause a profit for the toothpaste companies.

But I don’t see this ever actually benefiting the *buyer*.

Not sexual. Just efficient and I do have a dirty mind. So go ahead use the commercial. Who cares?

12. cinemajay says:

Please resubmit when Kate Beckinsale signs to be their spokesperson.

13. guy_jin says:

I don’t think this is unintentional. Sex sells, after all.