Toy Fair: Designer toys, incl. Lapolab’s “Jumping Brain”

jumpingbrain.jpg

Our pal Nate Heasley is popping around at Toy Fair finding the stuff we missed, when instead he should be manning his booth to promote his award-winning board game, Wits And Wagers.

Designer toys are one of my favorite areas of ToyFair. There are a lot of independent, new toy companies that spring up here, and other more established companies that work with a lot of independent artists. It’s an area of ToyFair that didn’t exist when I started going about 6 years ago, but now it’s big enough to have its own aisle and some of the best innovation comes out of this area.

Sadly, the current economic climate seems to have hit the smaller companies harder, since there are some empty booths in the Designer aisle where there hadn’t been before. But the big boys (well, big for this market anyway) are still here, like Toy2R, who came with a great collection of modded Qee and Toyer pieces, as well as displaying some customizable “DIY” models that are coming up. I love the Toyee, and plan on doing some modding of my own on one of them, but my favorite piece is the Jumping Brain by lapolab. – Nate

toyeretc.jpg
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Toy Fair: Designer toys, incl. Lapolab’s “Jumping Brain”

1. Brother Provisional says:

Trent Hawkins beat me to it. Toy designers who value their sanity should not infringe on the copyright of powerful psionic beings!

2. thegiantsnail says:

My wife is at the toy fair, and I commanded her to get a photo with you! What’s your booth number?

3. Trent Hawkins says:

Intellect Devourer ripoff!

Jumping Brain from Toy2r?!?!? Awesome!!!

5. rak0ribz says:

Thanks for taking a look at this!

6. weatherman says:

@THEGIANTSNAIL:

Have her stop by! W&W is booth 6067 in the games section. Sadly I’m not there today, just posting some stuff I got yesterday. You can have her get a pic with the other W&W game designers though – Satish and Dom should both be at the booth.