Slicer sled makes its own snow

slicer-grass.jpg

\

The Slicer by Ice Meister (!) is a sled for summer. Take its ice-block-forming trays from your freezer, clip them into the bottom, and frost some sod. $70 whole dollars — you could buy a lot of ice with $70. [via Cool Hunting]

This entry was posted in slicer and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

23 Responses to Slicer sled makes its own snow

1. strider_mt2k says:

Great, now you have to soap the whole hill up instead of just he runners on the sled.

2. RedShirt77 says:

The video seems to show it working.

3. TedJohnson says:

@#16 That’s disgusting… that you would write what I was thinking.

WindyBt, I believe you’re just seeing JPEG image compression artifacts. They’ve compressed that picture pretty far to make it 14kb.

5. subliminati says:

I kinda feel pervy for looking at this pic far longer than the true subject warrants.

Hawtnez on sledz?

6. HeatherB says:

Get a slip and slide and a plastic disc, save a lot of money that way.

7. monstrinho_do_biscoito says:

bumpity, bumpity, bumpity.

8. Mojave says:

Too bad the chick in the pic wasn’t in the video….I would’ve bought ten.

Better luck next time ice sled ….thingy

9. pork musket says:

That girl looks a little too old to be having that much fun. I suspect she is on drugs, because this would probably be fun on drugs.

Dunno about you guys, but in my summers the ice cubes would be gone within 10 minutes.

11. ROSSINDETROIT says:

She’s not having fun. She’s just realized the hard way that she’s sitting on ice.

12. gwax says:

I would like to second #8′s recommendation of just using ice blocks and towels (I also recommend the beer).

We always used ice blocks designed for house boat ice chests but you can probably find them elsewhere or build your own mold. I’d probably suggest approximately 6″x8″x12″ but smaller blocks equal harder to stay on equal more fun.

13. airship says:

What sled? I don’t see a sle… oh, wait, there it is.

14. A New Challenger says:

Cardboard boxes work great on grassy hills.

rosebud?

16. glenaypia says:

MAN! I came up with this idea like 6 years ago, when we used to go ice block sledding. Depending on how hot it is outside if its not a thick ice-block then it melts too fast. On the other hand it is REALLY FUN. On a long steep grass hill its probably one of the best thing to do on a summer’s day, but remember theres no snow cushion when you slamming into things! kudos for the person that took this idea all the way. I had drawings and everything HEHE

17. technogeek says:

I presume the model is not actually testing this thing bare-arsed, despite appearances…

I would bet you can get better speed (albeit a bumpier and more dizzying ride) by just tucking into a shoulder roll and throwing yourself down the hill.

18. FnordX says:

Hmmmm… One of these days I’m going to have to invent something that will allow gravity to take you down hills… something round and spinny…

We used to buy 10 lb block ice, place a small towel on top, and slide down grass hills. Big fun! Beer helps…

20. RedShirt77 says:

In my day summer sleds had wheels and we called them wagons. Now what we really need is a maker to make a personal summer snow machine from an ice machine, a wood chipper and a leaf blower.

Put it in the shade and make an ice slide.

21. gabrielm says:

Does it also work if the rider is wearing pants?

22. airshowfan says:

Sounds like something out of the ACME catalog. Is there a rocket-powered version, or maybe one with a little propeller that blows onto a sail to make it go faster?

Meep meep…

23. windybt says:

I like the picture of the boy in the summer sledding pictures on their site. It’s obvious the sled isn’t moving and they just blurred the grass around him. They didn’t go into great detail so the grass next to his body is still clear.