Morning tech deals highlights

thenewdeal.jpg

Oatmeal! – McCann’s Irish steel-cut oatmeal is 30% off at Amazon. I eat this stuff nearly every morning. The snap of real oats can’t be beat. [Slickdeals]

Dragon Marionette – Dragon Classic Marionette for $8.40, shipped. We will get to gadgets shortly but this looks like a cute toy for the wee knights. [Slickdeals]

Printer – Canon Pixma MX300 all-in-one printer for $65, shipped. It always baffles me how much technology you can get in a printer when they know you’re on the hook for ink. [Dealhack]

Circular Saw – Rockwell Shop Series 7 1/4-inch 14-amp laser circular saw for $40, shipped. We have lasers in our saws. Lasers in our saws. [Dealoco]

HDTV – Costco, a store of which I am now a member, is selling the Sceptre 46-inch 1080p LCD HDTV for $700 when you pick up in store. [Dealnews]

Battery Charger – The well-received La Crosse Technology BC700 Alpha Power battery charger is $25, shipped. [Amazon]

Power Driver – Today’s Woot is the Skil 7.2-Volt 1/4″ Drive Cordless Power Wrench for $23, shipped.

Photo: Tony the Misfit

This entry was posted in Deals. Bookmark the permalink.

16 Responses to Morning tech deals highlights

1. tomrigid says:

I have to give big ups to the LaCrosse battery charger which, in combination with a handfull of Eneloop batteries keeps my Xbox controllers from making a mockery of my green preferences.

2. therevengor says:

Quaker Oats FTW! Slathered in peanut butter, its my morning routine…

What would I gain in a switch to these ‘steel cut’ oats?

3. elisd says:

@#9: Steel cut oats are chopped into 3-D chunks instead of rolled flat, so you get a pleasant chewiness out of them.

Of course, once you’re on steel-cut oats it’s just one step down the slippery slope and you’re eating whole groats. Mmmmmm Groats!

4. zuzu says:

This steel-cut oatmeal discussion pleases me.

Stock up in preparation for the econocalypse!

5. Lonin says:

Joel, is that because of the girl or because of Eugene? Either way, welcome to the great NW.

6. Stefan Jones says:

How long do you cook your steel cut, Joel?

7. zoink says:

I’m partial to Bob’s Red Mill Organic Steel Cut, myself.

Apparently we’ve stumbled upon a heretofore unrecognized geek subculture.

8. ROSSINDETROIT says:

Steel cut or pinhead oats are sold uncooked. It takes around 20 minutes or so to cook them. The 1 minute or 5 minute stuff is precooked and you’re just warming it up when you ‘cook’ it. It makes a difference. I make mine with a little nutmeg, ginger, cinnamon, powdered defatted butter milk and some raisins.
    It’s extremely high in calories, so if you eat a bunch for breakfast don’t expect to have much of an appetite for lunch.

9. teehud says:

Hooray. Welcome back, sir.

Trader Joe’s steel cut oats are every bit as good as McCann’s at half the price!

11. drtwist says:

zoink is right, Bob’s Red Mill all the way.

plus as, an Oregonian(albeit recent) you are obligated to eat it.

PS: the “Steel cut oats” in the bulk section at your local winco are bob’s red mill. and at $0.89/Lb the price is perfect

12. ROSSINDETROIT says:

McCann’s = Best Oatmeal Ever. Take that, Scotland.

13. ZoopyFunk says:

Totally unrelated thread…

How is the New Yorker handling Eugene?

14. crystally says:

Sometimes it is really very puzzle for us facing to the high tec, for example HD Video Converter.

15. Joel Johnson says:

@ZoopyFunk: I’ve only been here for a couple of days, but I’m sort of beside myself with joy at the moment. :)

16. Sean Eric FAgan says: