I’d like to order three of the A680392, please

Science-Museum-objects-An-003.jpg

Chavs just set off a Stone Burner near PNC Park, and the Tleilaxu say I need to get my order for robot eyes checked out by 3 p.m. if I want to be eligible for overnight shipping. Can’t decide between hazel or gray.

Behind the scenes of the science museum [Morbid Anatomy]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to I’d like to order three of the A680392, please

1. CoquiELF says:

I see what you did there.

2. toxonix says:

Can I get the “David Bowie” set please.

3. matt_maslanka says:

I hate to burst the bubble, but the Tleilaxu eyes were made of a blank matte metal. They said that they were far superior to normal human eyes, but you didn’t see many Tleilaxu giving them up for the ‘enhanced’ version!

This is still well creepy though.

4. bardfinn says:

No Repo! The Genetic Opera wisecracks yet?

5. kaiza says:

So where’s the blue-in-blue eye?

6. Halloween Jack says:

Jokes aside, glass eyes are serious business. My brother-in-law, who lost an eye as a child, gets fitted for a new one each year; not only do they carefully fit for color and size, but also make adjustments for age (more visible capillaries, slight yellowing of the whites, etc.).

7. zuzu says:

Hannibal Chew: Don’t know, I don’t know such stuff. I just do eyes, just eyes… just genetic design, just eyes. You Nexus, huh? I design your eyes.
    Batty: Chew, if only you could see what I’ve seen with your eyes.

8. andyduncan says:

Lie down on table. I take lungs now, gills come next week.

9. Trent Hawkins says:

ah! beat me to the Replicant eye comment.

10. No Refuge says:

I think the most rewarding part of reading the Dune series is getting references in BB posts.

11. OM says:

…Chrome! Go for the Chrome!

12. Chrs says:

I have cheerfully relinquished any claim to authenticity by reading the plot summaries of all the Dune books (and a few other, related articles; it’s as extensively documented as you’d expect) on Wikipedia.

Took a couple hours, and now I get it! Yes, I read the first one. No, I don’t feel bad about this.

13. Rob Beschizza says:

“I hate to burst the bubble, but the Tleilaxu eyes were made of a blank matte metal. ”

They don’t do overnight shipping, either.

Also, Pittsburgh has not been destroyed in a nuclear explosion. Nor am I blind.

And how can this be? For he IS the Quizatz Haderach!