Dalek found in pond

dalek-pond1.jpg

From the Telegraph:

Sales executive Marc Oakland was pushing a rake around the bed of the shallow pool when he found the object with its distinctive eye stalk.

The 42-year-old said: “I’d just shifted a tree branch with my foot when I noticed something dark and round slowly coming up to the surface.

“I got the shock of my life when a Dalek head bobbed up right in front of me.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Dalek found in pond

1. jathomas says:

I really hate to be the boy-who-cried-Photoshop, I REALLY do, because I’m always so annoyed by it. Additionally, I can’t imagine why anyone would NEED to Photoshop this image…

But if you look at the larger size by following the Telegraph link… something just doesn’t look right about that Dalek head. The resolution seems different, and it seems to have different levels than the fellow in the shot.

Again, it’s probably nothing.

Jathomas, I believe what you’re seeing is just JPEG compression artifacts.

3. Jazzhigh says:

Proof that mankind is descended from an ancient race of Daleks. We have met the enemy and he is us.

4. IWood says:

#7 posted by strider_mt2k:

I have decided that is exactly what happened.

5. strider_mt2k says:

Obviously the remains of one defeated in the past.

Where the hell is Sarah Jane and those meddling kids of hers when you need them?

6. Ceronomus says:

It MIGHT be from Revelation of the Daleks, but with all the crud on it, it is really hard to get an idea of if it is from that episode or older.

Neat though.

7. Mary Sue says:

Ack! They’re submersible now! *hides behind the couch*

8. TheMostHorrible says:

Extermin-BLAAOORGH-nate!!!

9. katsujinken says:

But it never made it out so now we know the Dalek have two weaknesses – stairs AND shallow water ..Well three if you include their weakness for 80s power ballads. But everyone has that weakness so it doesn’t count.

10. Auto Parts for Brains says:

eeek! They are back, perhaps with a vengeance. At least this one is better than its human dalek descendants. It’s all Davro’s fault. Now one of the vilest enemies in the universe is no more.

11. Enochrewt says:

Why was this guy raking a pond?

12. ptrourke says:

Not half the shock he’d have gotten if it had said “EXTERMINATE”.

13. strider_mt2k says:

Now that I think of it…

…is it possible that SATAN planted that there to get us to believe there used to be Daleks at one time?

CRISIS!!! EXISTENTIAL CRISIS HERE!!!!

14. HeatherB says:

Where’s the Doctor?

15. planettom says:

I think they should work this in to a future DOCTOR WHO episode.

Current day, a Dalek corpse is pulled from a pond.

The Doctor then has to go back in time and stop a Dalek invasion, by taking one out in a rowboat and disposing of it, Fredo-style.