C-Box personalized condom dispensers are perhaps a bit too personal

skullandcbox.jpg

A stylish condom dispenser for the bedside? Sure, I can get with that. One emblazened with guns, crosses, bedazzled hearts, spiders, or most inexplicably a skull and crossbones? I think CBox needs to go back to the drawing board and erase the bullet point that reads “Tacky, but creepy”. They can keep the part that says “$20″, though. That seems reasonable.

You know where I keep my condoms? In a hollowed-out copy of The Joy of Sex. (No joke.)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to C-Box personalized condom dispensers are perhaps a bit too personal

1. RedShirt77 says:

Yeah, condom box not the worst idea but putting symbols for death and disease on them is one that can only give your guests the idea they have made a bad choice.

WOW! WHOOOO well I didn’t think we we’re gonna get blasted out of the water like that! Ouch. My name is Gabriel C. and I own Don’t Kill The Mood. I have started selling the C BOX and now that I have you guys slammed us. O.K. point taken on the Skull and Crossbones. Not the best idea we ever had. We are currently designing a new website so those awful emblems will soon be gone!!!!! ISIMONE I never received an e-mail or phone call from you???????? I would love to get with condomunity. Because… one of the main reasons we are selling this product is to promote safe sex. Don’t knock it till you try it either. It’s not like you have to keep it out in the open, most of our customers keep in a drawer. It’s knowing where it is that doesn’t kill the mood. gabriel@dontkillthemood.com

3. cmuwriter says:

Maybe I should start keeping my condoms in my hollowed-out copy of Joseph Heller’s “Something Happened”.

4. Waterlilygirl says:

And here I thought I was clever keeping mine in an old cigar box on my bedside table…

5. Agies says:

I don’t know, I think “Catch 22″ is just as appropriate.

Inside the case for the cassingle of “Oops, I did it again?”

7. Felix Mitchell says:

photo of your ‘joy of sex’ plz joel, if that’s not too creepy. I love hollowed out books, even though the thought of ruining a book makes me feel cruel

8. Halloween Jack says:

The sad thing about CBox’s site (aside from the resemblance of the one pictured above to the SS Totenkopf) is that they described these blinged-out monstrosities as “discreet and chic”.

9. iSimone says:

@Joel great to see the condom stuff coming again and again on boingboing, I was going to write about cbox weeks ago, but they never bothered to get back to me.
    However my favorite at the moment is the cucoon condom dispenser anyways! :)

10. iSimone says:

Oh yeah, would also love to see a picture of this…;)

11. Phelyan says:

That’s why I don’t date croupiers

12. Sam says:

Well, that was the TMI post of the week. ;)

I use a tray made by RubberMaid.