Video: Overpowerwheels

These intrepid souls have modified their Mattel Powerwheels kids cars with gas-powered go-kart engines (and likely suspensions and just about everything else). Then, as befitting their aesthetic, they’ve taken them out in the snow to do fat powerslides. Heroes. (Thanks, Duffong!)

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Video: Overpowerwheels

1. dr.hypercube says:

Heroes? Nay. GODS! (and the Rev. is a perfect musical choice)

2. General Specific says:

I love this.

3. Enochrewt says:

Po, Po, Po, Powerwheels!!!

4. obi1kenobi1 says:

In my high school physics class some friends and I turned my old PowerWheels Jeep into a leafblower powered hovercraft. It wasn’t very powerful because we had to use electric leafblowers, but it was very cool, because it was painted black and we moved the wheels so that it looked like the DeLorean from Back to the Future Part II.

I would like to know what was used to modify these…post/link some plans……..

BTW…that was awesome

6. overunger says:

” I’m Johnny Knoxville, and this is Powerwheels snow skid!! ”

Jeff that mustang is bad ass.. duals, and under the hood.. SICK!! there are questions that need to be answered.. HOW!!

8. batu b says:

anyone know the track?

9. Honad says:

I wonder what class what would be in for Autocross?

FJ-C for Crazy?

The most obvious thing about this video is the lack of helmets. Sure it’s fun…until somebody gets to make use of his donor card! And I bet these guys have dependents, too!

Seriously, human head plus velocity over 5mph not in enclosed vehicle indicates need for helmet. Brains do not bounce well.

Hoping not to harvest any of your favorite parts,
    Doc in PA

11. kobrakai says:

I need the pink Barbie Corvette to go with my Miata.

12. UncleBaggy says:

Dear Anon – please post the plans, somewhere, anonymously if you’re willing…

I’m the guy driving the Little Mustang and also the builder.It actually goes 51 MPH as seen in one of our other videos. Whoever said Wisconsin was close. We are actually in Minnesota and it was -17 deg F when we filmed this.
    Thanks, Jeff

14. GeekMan says:

It’s like watching real-life MarioKart.

15. wihockeyguy says:

@ BATU B

The “track” is any local parking lot and side street in Wisconsin

16. deejayqueue says:

@ batu b: The track is called “Psychobilly Freakout” by Reverend Horton Heat.

I love this. The guy doing the wheelie/powerslide is my hero for life.

17. karmacomedian says:

someone needs to remix this with the Banana Splits theme song…

18. FoetusNail says:

I’m a few days late to the show, but try it with Tad.

My 2 1/2 year old has made me watch this three times.