Fish Friday: Orange Roughy by Don Relyea

orange_roughy.gif

This piece, titled “Orange Roughy”, from digital artist Don Relyea, was inspired by a dinner his wife made. [ScienceBlogs/Deep Sea News (Now At Discovery]

This entry was posted in Art and Instruments. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Fish Friday: Orange Roughy by Don Relyea

1. wastrel says:

I love this.

Here’s the Don’s blogpost about it, which answered my question, it was procedurally generated:

2. PaulR says:

It looks like the addressing/decoding section of the 6502 processor, if you ask me…

And even if you don’t ask me, it still looks like the addressing/decoding section of the 6502 processor.

3. Elvis Pelt says:

All hail the power of Corel Draw! (Aw, just kidding.)

4. Rob Beschizza says:

Brownlee is no longer with us. I believe he is in Mauritius.

5. Rob Beschizza says:

6502 rules.

6. InDaFrance says:

Great art!

7. royaltrux says:

Did he get food poisoning?

(I’m not saying I don’t like it – looks kind of like an integrated circuit.)

This is just for you, Joel… mebbe you could tell us what happened to brownlee? Not nasty internal politics, but is he ok and what he’s up to now, if anything?

People should stop eating Orange Roughy, they take like 20 years to reach breeding age, and are being driven extinct by fishing.

10. Rodney says:

Speaking of Friday: Where’s the booze-as-gadget post?

Can you please update our link to (deepseanews.com). We are not longer at Discover. The link for the above post is…

12. ZoopyFunk says:

Looks like the motherboard of my dreams. My god, did I just say that?

13. Joel Johnson says:

@Rodney No one sent me any more booze! All I’ve been drinking this week is Sazarac and Bulleit.