Lenovo Pocket Yoga

3351681436_249d8f01ef.jpg
3350858119_bb70b3565a.jpg
3351681100_a399a0669a.jpg
3351681822_1673180a1d.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, we are in a Do Want situation.

No announcement, no specs, just a giant fat gallery at Lenovo’s official Flickr feed. Now that’s how to show off a new product! From the photos, it’s obviously a stylus-touchscreen model, and the text on the screen’s left edge suggests s 3 megapixel camera.

Moving the touch-nub to the top right of the keyboard is smarter than it looks. Te Vaio P’s one is in the middle:lefty-friendly, but can’t be reached when holding it in both hands (as one often does.) But … where do I click?

Update: Lenovo Pocket Yoga not a real device. Boo!

lenovophotolibrary’s photostream [Flickr via Electronista]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Lenovo Pocket Yoga

1. Wordguy says:

Ooo. The Jornada dresses up for the prom.

2. Joel Johnson says:

Lenovo’s realized that their products look better with a picture of the OS.

3. Trent Hawkins says:

why are all the user shots show the device turned off?

4. BCJ says:

I was killing time at the mall the other day, and I decided to check out the Vaio P at the Sony Store. It looked slick as can be–until I tried to actual use the nub. It was nightmarishly hard to control (I’ve always been a mouse or trackpad kind of guy myself).

Moving the nub to the side seems like a much more logical choice. I’m trying to decide whether the mouse would make more sense on the left or the right. Older controllers and portable game systems use lefthanded movement controls, but 3D games usually use right stick/mouse for controlling your/the camera’s view. It isn’t really an issue for us lefty’s every left-handed person I know seems at least as comfortable with right handed mousing as left handed mousing. If I don’t need to be doing any heavy text entry, I will often mouse with my right hand and type with my left hand, so this control scheme might be perfect for me (or as perfect as a solution with a mouse nub can be).

It’s a beauty, but I think the Lenovo logo would look a lot better on the hinge. It looks out of place on that nice expanse of screen.

6. rak0ribz says:

When I was in college
    at a small technical school
    in Atlanta, a friend of
    mine was working in the
    Math department doing
    image compression research.

He would write all his code to minimize the total number of vertical lines, so that he would have to (as complexity increased towards infinity) print out his programs 4 sheets of paper wide to be able to fit his gigantic string-width.

He would have loved this aspect
    ratio; I’m rather less
    entranced.

(Beautiful machine
    otherwise, though.)

One of the photos on the photostream ridiculously claims that the magnetic leather strap to hold the device shut will also double as a wireless mouse.

Anyone who’s ever used a laptop mouse can tell you that the idea is stupid. Where’s the optical sensor? Is the exterior leather now magically light sensitive? Laser emitting?

These are all bullshots. This is a concept, not a real device. You’ll never see it on the shelves. The device is always “turned off” because there’s nothing inside, it’s just a big plastic shell.

Prove me wrong Lenovo. Please?

“The “Yoga” notebook experiment is finished, but the stories of new developed products from Lenovo’s design teams are always happening. Innovation never stops. Next time, which story we will share with you? Who knows?”

It’s not a real device.

9. stumo says:

Seems it’s just a ‘concept’. Bugger.

10. TJ S says:

@7: Thank you for killing my nerdy dreams.

The linked article even mentioned that the wrap thing would function as a wireless mouse! Not sure how well that would work, but it’s clever as hell.