Peek Pronto: new model with Exchange support, faster hardware?

prontoh.jpg

A teaser for the Peek Pronto was up briefly earlier today. From an anonymous tipster:

It looks like there is a new Peek handheld model coming out. Rumor has it that the new model is going to undercut even the cheapest BlackBerry, and deliver cheap push e-mail. I personally think that tactic works pretty well, with the iPhone eroding into RIM’s high-end and mid-end devices market.

I liked the Peek a lot, dinging it only for its sluggish menus and POP-only server hookups. It’s always nice to see a great single-purpose gadget get real refinement.

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Peek Pronto: new model with Exchange support, faster hardware?

1. zikman says:

@1, that’s a stupid reason

2. strider_mt2k says:

The Peek is one of those devices I ALMOST wish I had a reason to want.

Almost.

3. Rob Beschizza says:

I decided to quit my cellphone data plan last week, because the only thing I ever did on it was check email.

Now, of course, I’m thinking “Hmmm, maybe I’ll get a Peek when they do the free lifetime service thing again.”

You can actually attached your IMAP servers to your Peek device. You just have to call them with your details. It’s not in the setup screen ’cause they worried average joes would be horrified by the complex steps.

5. PLeblanc says:

At costco with lifetime service (for $100 more than when peek had the 1-day lifetime).

Currently the page says the offer is good through March 22nd, so you might hurry if you want it. $399.99 with lifetime service.

Now you just have to figure out which comes first, the lifetime of the Peek company or your Peek device.

They have lifetime service accounts now, at Costco, I think it is.