Legend of Zelda theme on Tesla coils

SexyBack vs. Legend of Zelda Theme on Two Tesla Coils from Trammell on Vimeo.

From Arc Attack:

ArcAttack employs a unique DJ set up of their own creation (an HVDJ set up) to generate an ‘electrifying’ audio visual performance. The HVDJ pumps music through a PA System while two specially designed DRSSTC’s (Dual-Resonant Solid State Tesla Coils) act as separate synchronized instruments.”

“These high tech machines produce an electrical arc similar to a continuous lightning bolt which put out a crisply distorted square wave sound reminiscent of the early days of synthesizers. The music consists of original highly dance-able electronic compositions that sometimes incorporates themes or dub of popular songs

This entry was posted in zelda. Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Legend of Zelda theme on Tesla coils

1. NoahApples says:

Neat concept for a live electronic performance, but shitty “mash-up.”

2. technogeek says:

Haven’t we already seen this? Oh, wait, that was some other theme, wasn’t it… (And I think that sums up my reaction: It’s a cute trick, but mostly a “funny-once”.)

3. strider_mt2k says:

Aw, c’mon, technogeek it wasn’t THAT bad.

Tesla coils are a win and it’s a rainy day on the east coast.

I thought it a good momentary diversion.

4. Kristin says:

Sweet! Another soundbyte of tesla coil music to add to my ringtone collection ;)

!!!!!!

What the!?

Howdya!?!

GEE-!?!

Crap that’s freakin’ awesome. I was unaware that Tesla coils could do such a thing… though I suppose it only makes sense.

Though I do agree they REALLY could have picked a better song for this. The Zelda theme parts were perfect, but… why sully the awesome with that other crap.

6. RedShirt77 says:

Next I think they need to do the theme from Metroid for Gameboy. Perhaps the best piece of beep music I have ever heard.

I still think the better name for one of these would be a Zeusaphone.