Power On Self Test: LEGO Fail Whale

3387394098_58ee7fb5ec_o.jpg.jpg

The eye is shopped. I can tell by the bricks and that I’ve read a lot of descriptions of this image on his Flickr page in my time.

Photo:Bjarne P Tveskov

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Power On Self Test: LEGO Fail Whale

1. technogeek says:

I presume the ‘shopped comment was purely a snide aside, not meant to be taken seriously — since (A) I think that brick exists and (2) if not, a marker applied to the brick is a lot easier and more useful as a solution.

(My own sense of humor also tends to the sardonic — but I’ve learned to either cool it or make it pluperfectly obvious, after a few too many cases of having folks take things seriously.)

2. kaiza says:

I can’t believe none of you went to the flickr page.

3. ddddeuces says:

i can tell because of some of the bricksels and from seeing quite a few whales in my time.

From the flickr page for those too blissed out to follow a link:

“(Full disclosure: The “Eye-brick” was yellow, I removed the color using Photoshop©. So sue me :)

5. michaelportent says:

I was gonna say, I’ve seen that eye brick before. I don’t mind that he ‘shopped the color to white. If he invented the brick, that’d be a little insulting to my Lego-nerdness.

6. dustbuster7000 says:

Hang on, this is a fail because the eye brick was re-coloured in Photoshop? I going to assume that is sarcasm, otherwise I’d suggest getting out more.

7. SamSam says:

@dustbuster7000: I’d suggest going to the Flickr page, noticing the title and description, and Googling a little. It’s what I had to do. ;)

8. dustbuster7000 says:

Samsam, see I was right, *I* definitely need to get out more :)

9. nixiebunny says:

Why do you say the eye is fake? I have a yellow brick with exactly that smile. It has a corresponding frown on the other side.

@nixiebunny

it is faked, i have seen quite some shops in my time!

I think your face is ‘shopped.