Woz autographs a hackintosh netbook

3388106780_930c96a366_o.jpg.jpg

Matthew PB writes:

Got to briefly meet Steve Wozniak as he was doing some press for Dancing with the Stars. I showed him my Dell Mini 9 with OS X Leopard installed on it (and an Apple sticker sloppily applied over the Dell logo.

He said, “Oh my god, that is so COOL!”

And: “Is that really the color you wanted?”

Then he graciously signed it. I then ran away and giggled for about 45 minutes.

Woz is lovable.

This entry was posted in apple and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Woz autographs a hackintosh netbook

1. LambdaCalculus379 says:

Praise be given to the Mighty Patron Saint of hardware hacking, Woz!

2. rollerskater says:

woz may very well be the living spirit of all that is good in nerdage.

3. BCJ says:

Oh Steve Wozniak, way to be the Apple founder named Steve who doesn’t come across as a jerk

4. Auto Parts for Brains says:

At last, someone from the high ups who knows how too appreciate compliment by imitation. Woz, is the man.

Lucky he talked to nice Steve. Jobs has eye lasers, and they are powered by pure disgust.

6. GeekMan says:

Awesome. I hope grouchy Steve doesn’t get too upset with eccentric Steve for such validation.

The new hard drive and wireless card for my Aspire One are on their way. Soon I will be happily hacking…

7. zandar says:

#6

Personally, I’d prefer an apple netbook that is easily upgradable by the consumer and made of standard, easy-to-replace parts.

No superpowers needed, just pure native Intel Mac OS on a plain-vanilla PC.

8. strider_mt2k says:

He comes off as so genuine and cool that it kills me to watch him get torn up (physically) on Dancin’.

The Judges have obviously had it with him, so the kick timer ticketh.

9. dhuff says:

Dude is still a true geek. Respect.

10. AudioTherapist says:

C’mon Apple. For once buck the bucking the trend habit and make one of these with cojones.

And an optical drive.

And built in 3G.

Out of monoblock Aluminium.

With 10+ hour battery life.

And super powers…

Pretty please?

11. minamisan says:

Apple will still be cool… so long as Woz lives.