I wish this tiny trackball was available in North America

fngrtp89231.jpg.jpg

This little cutie from Donya.jp weds three buttons to a trackball, attached to a retracting USB cable. It screams reclined leisure, although I have no idea how to get it outside of Japan. [via Coolest Gadgets]

This entry was posted in japan and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to I wish this tiny trackball was available in North America

1. dae says:

Looks completely unusable. Too small to squeeze between your fingers like that in the picture. Would hurt your fingers in the first five minutes of your presentation – or if not, after.

hey I just checked out the previous link and there’s a wireless too! Didja notice the third button is a laser pointer?

3. CALCULON says:

I’ll buy one: figure out how to get them to the UK and you have a sale. :)

4. glitterboyblue says:

I wish someone made a laptop mouse like this:
    ‘J’ key is a mini-trackpad; activated by left shift key or something; use spacebar to click.

The first laptop I ever had, a doomed Packard Bell, had a J key pointing device. It was awesome; it looked and felt like you were controlling the cursor with your mind.

Sadly the power supply imploded within 3 days. And the replacement laptop also imploded, but it lasted a whole week, pretty good for Packard Bell.

I’ve played around with a Thumbelina mini-trackball before, and it was pretty bad experience. The ball itself didn’t roll smoothly and you had to run your thumb across it forcefully several times to get your cursor to move.

Sorry.

7. djn says:

@3 : The trackpoint on this thinkpad is between the GBH keys, and serves a very similar purpose. The mouse buttons are just below the space bar, easily reachable with my thumbs.

Wonder no more!

There’s a bit of a premium though…