Brinno, a timelapse garden camera

timelapse_garden.jpg.jpg

The Brinno is a weatherproof timelapse garden video camera, capable of taking a 1,280 by 1,024 pixel image every hour for four months before its batteries need to be changed. You can also tune its interval to be anywhere from five seconds to 24 hours, giving you a wide array of uses, provided you can find places to mount it by shoving its built-in spike into something squishy.

$160, plus shipping, at Hammacher Schlemmer. It’s also available at Amazon, where it sports a single two-star review that makes it sound like the company that produces it is just barely in business. [via Oh! Gizmo]

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

7 Responses to Brinno, a timelapse garden camera

1. brianary says:

That’s got to be about as exciting as watching grass grow. http://www.instantrimshot.com/

2. icky2000 says:

This has never happened before…I saw something on old-school This Old House before I saw it on BBG!

Laugh if you must at the idea, but I’ve been searching for something like this for ages-

I have a beautiful yet very remote caldera lake near where I live, not normally accessable, and it’s very picturesque. I wanted something I could rig up weatherproof to take pictures of sunrise & sunset from different angles at set intervals, and in BIG picture size. I couldn’t come up with anything except hacking a normal camera into a less than dubious enclosure.

This would do exactly what I want- and I could even hack a small solar panel on the back, attached to rechargeable batteries, for my ultimate goal- a 1 year photoshoot.

4. Gronk says:

There’s a typo in “capable of taking a 1,280 by 1,024 pixel image very hour”; change “very” > “every”.

Anon5, what an excellent idea!! I hope to see the outcome of your work some day.

6. SamSam says:

Wow, I’ve always wanted something like this for the buildings that keep getting built near me. I think it would be cool to see a sped-up construction project — a building rising out of the void — or destruction or whatever. The possibilities are endless.

7. technogeek says:

… migawd, H-S has something I might want to buy???