Kozo Lamp

squ-2-kozo2_perspective.jpg

David Benatan works for a design outfit in Tel Aviv, where he makes lamps out of pipes. You even turn them on and off using faucets!

kozo-lamps-by-david-benatan-4.jpg

Kozo lamps by David Banatan {Dezeen]

About Rob Beschizza

This entry was posted in Furniture and Lighting and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Kozo Lamp

1. strider_mt2k says:

I like ‘em.
    -and are those black rubber super science Erlenmeyer Flask stoppers being used as feet?
    Coooool.
    Yep, that custom switch makes it all come together too.

Really cool.

2. strider_mt2k says:

Those feet aren’t stoppers, but those WOULD work well in a DIY!

3. philipb says:

I really hope these are low voltage.

Gives new meaning to the term light pipe.

I made a set of speaker stands almost exactly like this but it included some EMT fittings because I liked the exposed set screws. Unfortunately they had a tendency to tip backwards, but since I was using them in the corners of a room that was fine. I wish I had pictures! They’ve since been disassembled and integrated into my parts bins..

5. airshowfan says:

I once made a coffee table using plumbing parts, basically a couple of rectangles of pipe connected through the middle and with a flat rectangle of acrylic resting on top. Similar aesthetic, but I painted the plumbing bright red. Made sure to include a couple of those cool valves that look like ship steering wheels ;)

6. PaulR says:

I would have used close nipples. I ‘think’ that it’d still be balanced, but with a smaller footprint. The base could be weighted…

Maybe leave the one inch nipple to the vertical pipe.